1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
This sounds like a great way to clean out some of the clutter under the TV and get some new books at the same time.  It's all good!

·
Registered
190 Posts
I would be great if they expanded this to include DVD's as well but I think this is great!  I see some more kindle books comin' my way!  ;D

·
Registered
544 Posts
This is a great idea!  I read about it in the Amazon Daily blog on my Kindle a day or two ago.  I was just trying to figure out what to do with a bunch of my older GameBoy games (haven't read the fine print -- hopefully they'll take 'em), and some of my DS games that I don't play anymore.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Great .. will have to dig up some more information on this.  :)

·
Registered
544 Posts
I just looked at the details a little bit ago:
  • You can trade in games for the PS2, PS3, XBox 360, Sony PSP, Wii, and Nintendo DS.
  • Your trade-ins must be in good condition and include original packaging, manual, etc., and the trade-in value total must be at least $10.
  • Then Amazon gives you a shipping label and packaging slip to print, and you ship the games to them for free.
  • An Amazon gift card is then deposited into your account upon receipt of the games, usually within 2 business days.

Seems pretty easy! I priced one of my games, Donkey Kong Jungle Climber for the DS, and it was priced at $16. Not bad for a game that's just taking up space at my house! Especially when you consider that that $16 will buy you at least a book or two! I'm going to see what I have at home this weekend and try this out.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Wow, that's kinda cool.  I have about a dozen xbox games laying around that were given to me by a friend but I never had any interest in playing them.

·
Registered
137 Posts
You can also trade in games at swagbucks.com and accumulate swagbucks to use to towards amazon.com gift certificates. 45 swagbucks = $5 amazon.com gift card. I sent in 5 Nintendo DS games and received enough points for $35 in gift cards. You can also "win" points by using this site a search engine. It took me about three weeks of searches to earn enough for a gift card. And it is kind of fun!

http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=325899

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I was very happy to read about this on Amazon's Daily Blog yesterday.  Hubby and I gave up video games a couple of years back...still have lots of DS, PS2, XBox and GameCube stuff cluttering up our closets.  This would be extra motivation to finally clear them out, and add some Kindle books to my LyBerry, I thought.  However, Hubby seems to be less excited about the prospect of parting with the games than I am... ???

N :)

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Crodley said:
Bleh I never save my boxes and instruction manuals, oh well. :)
Yeah, the original packaging makes this one impossible; who saves all those boxes?

·
Super Moderator
67,500 Posts
VictoriaP said:
Yeah, the original packaging makes this one impossible; who saves all those boxes?
My husband does. At least until the warranty is over. After that, if we think about it, they probably get thrown away. OTOH, the boxes all live in a particular closet so unless we're in there for something else, we don't think about it. Every now and again we'll go in there for something and find a box for a piece of software or a device that we've long since gotten rid of. So, if we had any Xbox or Sony games, I'm sure we'd have the boxes for them. . . .but not having an Xbox or Sony game machine. . .or any other kind of game machine. . .we don't. :D

Ann

·
Registered
460 Posts
I saw this announced a little while ago, and the concept is pretty solid. I have a lot of useless things laying around that could be used towards purchasing new books. :)

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
Not PC games, eh? Guess I'll stick with eBay.
I'm guessing they can't take PC games because there's no way to prove you didn't just keep it installed, and there's no way to "un-use" whatever license code came with it.

Also, unlike console games, PC games can easily be hacked to run without the disc in the drive.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.