Kindle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
19,503 Posts
I wanted to report back on this...

I logged into the Flipswap site, got a price for my iPhone and a Motorola Razr. I printed out the receipt, packed everything carefully, per their instructions, and sent it off. I made sure the receipt was in the box. I did not pay extra for insurance even though they suggested it. I mailed the box on 11/14/08.

Late yesterday (11/20/08), I received an email that the phones had been received and inspected. They passed inspection and were valued at the same amount they had originally quoted me, which is great.

The next step...I should receive an Amazon giftcard in the mail in the next 7-10 days. I'll report back again!

L

· Premium Member
19,503 Posts
Another update: I just received an email from Flipswap with my gift certificate code. I went right to my amazon account, but the number in and bingo! $128.18 immediately added to my account.

Yahoo!

This is a great deal since the phones were just lying around the house. Thanks to Oddsoxx for finding this.

L

· Premium Member
19,503 Posts
TM said:
:sigh

We gave away my Son't Ipod touch (he didn't like it and I replaced it with a new nano)... I could have had lotsof books for that! Oh well, the kid we gave it too just loves it and uses it all the time.
And actually, that's better, I think...

L

· Premium Member
19,503 Posts
TM said:
yeah it is: the kid we gave it too has been so good to my boy, like an older brother. And he really loves it.
We gave a few hand-me-down computers to my my son's friends over the course of jr. high and high school and I really think it made a difference in every case. Kids who might not have gone to college, did, because they had the extra boost of having a laptop for school work and research. They didn't just play games.

L

· Premium Member
19,503 Posts
libro said:
I checked out the site suggested on another thread for trading in used cell phones for Amazon credit. Has anyone done this? Can I use the Amazon gift card for anything, including credit toward a Kindle, or is the Kindle excluded for gift card use? What was your experience with the cell phone trade-in and gift card? Thanks!
I did and I posted about it on another thread. Let me go find it and I'll merge it with this one. Hang on.

EDIT: Done....Libro, let me know if you have any other questions.

L

· Premium Member
19,503 Posts
libro said:
I checked out the site suggested on another thread for trading in used cell phones for Amazon credit. Has anyone done this? Can I use the Amazon gift card for anything, including credit toward a Kindle, or is the Kindle excluded for gift card use? What was your experience with the cell phone trade-in and gift card? Thanks!
If you have a gift certificate balance on your account at Amazon, you can use it to buy anything that Amazon sells.

L

· Premium Member
19,503 Posts
oddsoxx said:
Hi Gang,

Well...here's an update on the cell phone swap I did.

I found six phones in my house and checked the website to discover they were worth about $80 in Amazon gift cards. I spent an hour or so getting them ready, packed them up and sent them off...where upon they promptly got lost in the mail. We mailed them on November 22 and they never arrived at their destination. Fortunately they were insured and I can only hope the Post Office will come through with the money which I will promptly use to buy books for my Kindle.

Linda
That's a shame! I just sent the box, didn't bother with the insurance and as you can see from my earlier post, it arrived just fine, was inspected, and I got my gift card money. This was a great find for me. Without it, the phones would just be sitting around the house.

L

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.