Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just found this forum--what a great resource!

My name is Jay Stout. I've always written military/aviation history and have been published by mainstream houses for the past ten years. Although I like what I write about, I've always wanted to try Science Fiction/Fantasy. Unfortunately other things always seemed to get in the way.

So, considering how Kindle seems to be taking off--and the freedom it provides--I've decided to use it to publish my first Science Fiction/Fantasy work. Miss Kitty, Rocky and the Immortals" is a contemporary romantic technothriller with reincarnated anthropomorphic protagonists. It's fast-paced and runs about 70,000 words. It's priced at $1.59 after the discount.

If you're interested, here's the link:

http://www.amazon.com/Miss-Kitty-Rocky-Immortals/dp/B002BNMHKA/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_1

Anyway, it's good to be here. It'll be interesting to hear from others who have followed the traditional writing/publishing route, but are now taking the Kindle plunge.

All best,
Jay

·
Registered
409 Posts
My Dad's a retired Air Force Colonel, 90 years old now, and a was a pilot in WWII and Korea. This looks interesting so I downloaded it. It will be added to my HUGE TBR list.  :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Louiseb,

Ah...your father is just the sort I enjoyed interviewing for my earlier books.  I was a Marine Corps fighter pilot for twenty years.  That military experience really gave me a credibility edge over the more academic types whenever I wrote with/about wonderful gentlemen like your dad.

Cheers,
Jay

·
Registered
962 Posts
So, I thought I would check out the books and stuff at the end of the kindle boards on the last page and look what I find, there are some interesting stuff back there...

Now this story, I can't believe its still available on kindle... Must be doing good... After looking at the description is looks very interesting. seems like the author has not written anything else since.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts