Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Just saw this article on the Daily Mail UK... about David Fincher's version of book. Looks very intense! Daniel Craig makes a great Blomkvist but I am not so sure about Rooney as Lisabeth... but then Noomi Rapace was beyond perfect in the Swedish version.

Love the tag line.. "The feel bad movies of Christmas!"

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
I find it hard to believe that any American re-make of this movie could be better than the original Swedish version.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
spotsmom said:
I find it hard to believe that any American re-make of this movie could be better than the original Swedish version.
This. Why would they not just make a re-make but a bad copy?
I got the feeling this movie is not set in the now but in the 1950s with the way it is filmed and they should have gone for a new "feel" for the girl, not just copy of the Swedish girl... :/

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
Love David Fincher.  Love Daniel Craig.  Love that cover version of the Zep tune.  Loved the Swedish version of the movie and the first novel (sorry, but I have yet to finish the second one).  I am excited for this film.  I hope it manages to re-imagine the story a bit and tell it a bit differently than the Swedish version, which was excellent.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
balaspa said:
Love David Fincher. Love Daniel Craig. Love that cover version of the Zep tune. Loved the Swedish version of the movie and the first novel (sorry, but I have yet to finish the second one). I am excited for this film. I hope it manages to re-imagine the story a bit and tell it a bit differently than the Swedish version, which was excellent.
I agree! I also like the other versions but I think Fincher will do a great job and put his own spin on it. I thought the trailer already showed some intriguing moments... Plays are often revived for a new audience and it is not a big deal. I don't see this as being much different.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Hmm, I have a tough time believing she's going to live up to the actress in the Swedish version either. I find it interesting that in that trailer there are very few shots of her. Can't really tell how she's come off all made up, but her photos on IMDB make her look like a baby. I've never seen her in anything yet. I'm not sure I'll even bother to see it, I have the originals on DVD. :)

·
Registered
690 Posts
The Social Network was my favorite movie last year and I expect this to be my favorite this year. David Fincher is probably my favorite director working right now and this is a perfect movie for his style. I loved Rooney Mara in The Social Network. Her part was small but important and she was very memorable in it, so I'm looking forward to seeing her tackle this role. BTW, here's a good picture of her as Lisbeth and I think she looks perfect:

Also, from what I've read, they're changing it some. Most notably they've said that the ending has been changed. I know that will probably anger some people but I'm looking forward to seeing what Fincher (and Steven Zaillian, the screenwriter) have come up with. This is easily my most anticipated movie of the year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts