Kindle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to ask this as it has probably been answered before.  ::)  I have read through the threads and am totally confused and I want to do it right.

My husband bought me a K2 and it is registered to him.
I have been using a K1 and have books that I bought from Amazon; books that I got from Feedbooks; and documents that I have sent through email to my K1.

I guess I need to deregister the K2 that he bought on his account and reregister it to my account.
Then if I deregister the K1 on my account, what happens to all my stuff?  Will it be available on the K2?

Thanks
Judith  :-[

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Yes, if you register the K2 to your account, all books you purchased from Amazon will be available for you to download to your new K2.

Books you've gotten from other sources you will need to add to the new K2 from wherever you have them stored. If you don't have the files stored on your PC, I suggest Calibre, free e-book organization software available for Mac, Windows or Linux. Download your files from your Kindle into Calibre, then upload them to your new K2.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much for the help.  I feel better about the transfer and will download Calibre.

Judith  ;D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts