Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been transferring books and samples from my Kindle memory to the SD Card through Content Manager. 5 transfers did not work. There is a message at the bottom of the page that is a line that states:

! 5 items failed to transfer. Please ty again later.

I finally got these 5 items to transfer by using the USB cable and my laptop, but I can't figure out how to get rid of this statement. Has this happened to anyone else?

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Yeah. I posted about this same thing a while back. I think BJ or Jeff helped me. :) Just reset your Kindle (alt, shift, r) and the message will go away.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks CS, that worked!  One more thing. When you began using an SD card, did it affect the performance of your kindle in any way? It seems like it is taking pages longer to load than before... and when I just went to Content Manager after the reset, the page was blank for about 45 seconds before anything showed up.  The silver scroll thingy also seems to be sluggish. I roll it up and it just sits there like its thinking about it and then moves... This behavior has just started.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Angela said:
Thanks CS, that worked! One more thing. When you began using an SD card, did it affect the performance of your kindle in any way? It seems like it is taking pages longer to load than before... and when I just went to Content Manager after the reset, the page was blank for about 45 seconds before anything showed up. The silver scroll thingy also seems to be sluggish. I roll it up and it just sits there like its thinking about it and then moves... This behavior has just started.
From what I understand, moving items from the Kindle to an SD card will cause Amazon to re-index for searches. I once moved a massive amount of files to the SD and it took a while for it to work on them but my page turns haven't been slower unless the next page has an image on it. I wonder if K2 will speed up page turns that lead to images, as pages with images just do take more time to load on any unit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts