Kindle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I just received my new K3. I have all my books on my K2 organized into collections. I've noticed that all my K2 books were transferred to my K3, but not in the collections. Is it possible to transfer according to collections instead of all books under no collections? Thanks, Alexandra

· Super Moderator
74,510 Posts
Once you've loaded up the books on the new Kindle, go to to "Archived items". The first option will be to import collections from another device on your account. Be sure wireless is turned on and click it.

Of course, if you've already de-registered the old Kindle -- so there is no other device on the account -- this won't work. I don't know whether the information will come back if you re-register the old Kindle, assuming you still have it. I do know that when I de-registered my K1, gave it to my son for a few months, and then got it back and re-registered it, Amazon knew the name I'd given it and not the one my son had registered it as.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I see that my books from K2 are in the 'Archived Items' on my K3. I also succesfully transferred the collection titles I made from my K2. Now, I have no idea how to get the archived books on K3 into the transferred collection headings. Help!!

· Super Moderator
74,510 Posts
Have you moved the books from your archive to your new Kindle?  In the Archive only means they're available to you on Amazon and not that they're actually on your Kindle.  Once you've done that -- which you should do in bunches of no more than 100 at a time (some suggest even fewer is better), giving the Kindle plenty of time to index in between (plugged in over night is good) -- THEN you import the collections and they'll all sort themselves according to how you had them sorted before.  Don't worry if you already imported collections, you can do it again without a problem.

6,478 Posts
You might find the downloading slightly quicker to implement if you do it via your 'manage your kindle' page at Amazon, but yes, you still have to do it one at a time.  As Ann says though, you really don't want to send too many books to your Kindle in one go - make sure each batch is fully indexed before starting on the next one.

· Registered
725 Posts
I set up numerous collections on my Kindle for Mac.  I then went to my Kindle DX and went to the Archieves and transferred these collections form the Kindle for Mac to the Kindle DX.  The collections transferred just fine, but only one book was placed into one of the collections.  Should I try again and leave the DX plugged in over night with the Whispersync on? I am only transferring about 79 books.

· Registered
2,495 Posts
I would try it again. When I was transferring collections from my K3 to my Touch, it did the same thing. Collections transferred but many books didn't get put into the collections, so I transferred them again and it worked! I was moving way more books than 79 and it moved them really quickly, so I don't know that you would have to be sure and plug it in, but it wouldn't hurt I guess. Yes, leave the wifi on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.