Kindle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received a replacement for my K2 which is having text to speech issues (cuts off after playing for about 5 minutes).  I have registered the replacement Kindle (which is named Roger's 2nd Kindle by Amazon) and began "unarchiving" all my books to the replacement unit.  All went well until I noticed that the magazine and newspaper subscriptions were not listed as being archived.  So at this point I don't know how to get my issues on the new Kindle.  Did I hear that this is a common problem for people who are upgrading from a K1 to a K2?  Will my newspaper subscription to USA Today begin to show up on the new unit tomorrow?  Are my back issues unreachable on the new unit?

Thanks for any help you can give.  The adventure continues....

·
Super Moderator
67,324 Posts
You should probably confirm with CS but this is an ongoing grumble.  Amazon only keeps the last 7 days or so of subscriptions so I would assume you can re-download those to your new device.  But any older than that, that you kept on your old device, are not going to be available.  Some have reported problems with their subscriptions transferring to the new device. . .You should be able to redirect them through "manage my kindle' but if you have problems, I believe CS has assisted people with that and got them scheduled to the right Kindle.

Good Luck

Ann

Ann

1 - 2 of 2 Posts