Kindle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm new to this board & this is my first post.  I signed up because I couldn't get a good answer anywhere else.  I enjoy reading translated classics like War & Peace, Les Miserables etc.  One problem I noticed was that when I'm searching on amazon - I type war & peace e.g. & get a few dozen versions.  I have to painfully click through each of these Kindle editions to figure out the translator (very important don't you think?).

When I download free samples of FREE books, I receive some random chapter from the middle of the book without the cover & intro/edition info pages - I don't get the info on who translated the editions! What the Hey!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info - I'm surprised to know that this is a real problem and not just something I don't know how to access. I wrote a note to amazon that this is unacceptable but don't know how they'll remedy it.  In the case of War & Peace, those who have read Maude, Garnett, and Pevear/Volokhonsky editions could easily determine immediately whose version they're reading, but for the rest of us,  we need this critical bit of info.  It couldn't be too difficult for an amazon intern to spend a couple years adding the translator to the titles of these books would it?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts