Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering one of these cases, but I can't see how it would be possible to attach a light to it. Has anyone seen one or done this? (I am assuming most people attach the light clip to the back cover, but there is no space between the kindle and the back cover to slide the clip because it is enclosed)

http://www.amazon.com/TrendyDigital-MaxGuard-Leather-Amazon-Kindle/dp/B0025LP6OM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1244494288&sr=8-1&tag=kbpst-20

I emailed the company, their response to the question above was "You can clipped the light to the case" and when I emailed back to ask for clarification, they responded with "That is only one option I show you. You can also clip it to the back of the kindle and the case. The case doesn't add much thickness to the set."

I get the impression that they don't speak English.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'd just do it the same way I use my Mighty Brite with my m-edge prodigy case.  I flip the cover behind the kindle and clip the light to the flipped back cover.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
patrickb said:
I'd just do it the same way I use my Mighty Brite with my m-edge prodigy case. I flip the cover behind the kindle and clip the light to the flipped back cover.
This is what I was going to suggest also.

Although the comments and suggestions the company replied with were a little confusing. I agree that English must not be their 1st language.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Maybe it was an inexperienced rep.. I have had several emails with them and they all seemed to speak English with no problem.  They have some interesting bags

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'd like to thank the community members who chipped in to explain how to clip a book light to the MaxGuard cover. Also, thank you Patrizia for sharing the experience you had dealing with our company. Our company is a small company in the suburbs of Boston, MA. Our staff members all speak English. The quote, "You can clipped the light to the case" from Miranda7's posting was from the following response sent by an employee whose first language is not English:

"Thanks for your email.
You can clipped the light to the case.
Here is what it look likes in this attached image.

As for timing of order, in our site, we currently provide 1st class shipping as the mailing option.
In your case, you might want to use a faster shipping service.
You can get that faster shipping option as provided through Amazon.com Here is a link for you to purchase through Amazon.com and select a faster shipping option.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0025LP6OM?tag=kbpst-20
Thanks."

Seeing as Miranda7 quoted one line from this reply and the subsequent short exchange then made the statement that "I get the impression that they don't speak English," I felt the need to quote the whole response in its entirety and to clarify that all employees of our firm speak English and are eager to provide the best service to our customers and members from this board.

·
Registered
856 Posts
I won this case in the contest. I am gifting it to my daughter as I am sooooo in love with my ROH cover. It is a great cover.
Kevin ~ thank you once again for supporting Kindleboards and the wonderful cover.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you Kevin for your response, and others for their suggestions.  I meant to check back in to update, but I have been out of town.  

When I posted here, it was in frustration after exchanging multiple emails (3 each way) and not getting the answers I needed (I didn't get the attached photo above). I suspected a language barrier, especially after my request for phone contact was ignored.  After my posting, I did get a phone call from a very nice gentleman who answered my questions.  It was apparent that English was not his first language, but he communicated effectively.  I decided to purchase a different cover, but would have no qualms about dealing with this company in the future.  I imagine my experience was just a hiccup.  Kudos to Kevin for maintaining a presence here and responding quickly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts