Kindle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I wanted to get a cookbook on the Kindle so that I can always have some recipes in a pinch. I tried the sample of "Glorious One Pot Meals" http://www.amazon.com/Glorious-One-Pot-Meals-Revolutionary-Dutch-Oven/dp/B001NLKSKM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=digital-text&qid=1237817529&sr=1-1, liked the recipes, so bought the book. Imagine my surprise that all the recipies are missing the nutritional info. Both the introduction to the book and various book reviews talk about the nutritional info being included, but I can't find them on any of the recipes :(

Has anyone else experienced formatting errors like these on Kindle books?

Thanks!

·
Registered
163 Posts
That's too bad!  I've read that the kindle format does not support tables, so maybe that's why.  I'm no expert on that, so maybe some who is can verify that. You have a 7 day period in which to return the book.  I had to return a crochet book with really bad formatting.  Words were missing half the letters in the instructional section--and they weren't the abbreviations. It was nearly impossible to read.  I emailed Amazon and explained why I wanted to return the book, and they emailed back telling me to delete from my kindle. 

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's good to know - thanks!  There were tables included with the intro which were hard to read but still doable.  I wonder if the nutritional info was part of a decorative footer on a page that they forgot to include :(.  The quest for a good cookbook on Kindle continues...

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
I would definitely contact CS about the issue; they can report to the publisher.  Also you might want to contact the publisher directly about the issue.

As Esther said, you can return the book within 7 days.

Betsy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts