Kindle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been planning my next (and possible last, still haven't decided on my future in Select) free run for about a month. I decided to run it January 23-25.  I began notifying all the sites the first week of January, set the promo up in KDP and thought I was all set.

Then, something tickled at the back of my brain this morning, and I went into KDP to double check that the dates were set for the 23-25.

And... they weren't. Somehow, I had incorrectly entered the dates as the 24-26.

I shudder to think what tomorrow would have been like if some of the sites had picked me up and my book didn't go free.

Note to self: Always double check dates. And for those who, with some basis, wonder if maybe I sent the wrong dates to the freebie sites - nope. I got the dates right there.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Glad you missed!  Thanks for the reminder - that would be an easy mistake to make  8)

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Double checking the dates is always a good idea. Also check the product page again before you send out any tweets or FB posts. One of our dates disappeared a couple of weeks ago. Thank goodness only one tweet had gone out.

·
Registered
871 Posts
I love the thread header: Tried to shoot myself in the foot, but the bullet just missed. I'd love to use it, but I guess I'd need your permission to avoid copyright infringement. Great header!

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pearson Moore said:
I love the thread header: Tried to shoot myself in the foot, but the bullet just missed. I'd love to use it, but I guess I'd need your permission to avoid copyright infringement. Great header!
Sadly, this will probably be the best thing I write today. Feel free to use any way you see fit, I would be honored to ever be quoted. No attribution necessary!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts