Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if this has happened to anyone  ??? and what I should do about it. I received my kindle, PJ, as a Christmas present. I noticed that when I try to type in the search line, that certain keys do not work ( e, r, t, y, u , i, and the backspace button).  Whenever I would purchase a book I would use amazons website b/c I was having difficuly with the keyboard. Do you guys think I need to contact Amazon? If they made me send it in, would I receive a refurbished one? I really would rather to just keep my own.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I decided to call Amazon Kindle support and I was very impressed. I loved that all I had to do was hit a button and customer support called me right away. I didn't have to wait on hold for a lifetime! Both representatives I spoke with were very nice and helpful. They did try to fix PJ first by doing a reset. When that didn't work, they said that they would ship me out a new kindle today and that I should receive it by tomorrow. He also said that I did not have to mail PJ back until I received the new one! Plus that did not charge me for shipping! I am so excited to be getting a fully working kindle! (though I was kinda hoping that they would offer my K2 in its place)  ;D

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Glad to hear you are getting a new Kindle! I love my keyboard and use it a lot for searching and book buying.

·
Registered
163 Posts
It's good to have the number, but I've always used that same call back feature.  I'm always amazed at how fast it works.  I have always been very impressed with the folks I meet at CS. 

1 - 6 of 6 Posts