Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, let's start with an old favorite.... I read this one years and years ago, might be time to reread now that it's on Kindle.....

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
Aaaah, my mom loved True Crime... and my brother does too.  I'll be lurking here so I can get good ideas of what to get him!

Betsy

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Absolutely love true crime and Ann Rule is one of my favorite authors. I have the book about the Green River Killer on my wish list. There are few books of her's that I have not read. Thanks for starting this thread!

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
OK, so I'm not lurking..

I read In Cold Blood ages ago...but I've watched two movies recently about Truman Capote writing it and I think I'm ICB'd out. As for Ann Rule, this was is just about to my self imposed limit on price; is it worth getting?

Betsy

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
pidgeon92 said:
OK, let's start with an old favorite.... I read this one years and years ago, might be time to reread now that it's on Kindle.....

Is it on the Kindle? Oh wow, I read that when it first came out (or close too). I think I was about 13. I re-read it again a few years later and I've seen the movie several times. That might be a re-read for me.

L

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think I would read almost any true crime novel. I'll check out everything recommended here....

I have read all of Ann Rule's books, except for the most recent, and I liked all of them. I can't say I paid for them all, I still get most of my books from the library. I think she writes very well, the books feel more like a novel than non-fiction. I do prefer the longer books to the short stories.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I read this one, long before they made the movie Boys Don't Cry. Very sad what they did to this poor person.

Par for the course, not a Kindle book:

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Leslie said:
This book was unbelievable. These people were unbelievable. And unbelievably, you can get the book as an ebook! Not from Amazon, from Harper Collins, but in mobipocket format, which I am assuming will work on our Kindles.
There is a Kindle version, and it's CHEAPER!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
pidgeon92 said:
There is a Kindle version, and it's CHEAPER!

They must have known I was looking for it because I swear, 20 minutes ago I couldn't find the Kindle version! Thanks, Pidgeon!

L

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
There I go clicking away....I have still have to figure out why my 1-click makes me choose a credit card and billing address each time even though I have my 1-click on :-\

I remember when mother and son were always on the news first thing....sick people.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
chynared21 said:
There I go clicking away....I have still have to figure out why my 1-click makes me choose a credit card and billing address each time even though I have my 1-click on :-\

I remember when mother and son were always on the news first thing....sick people.
chynared I am having the same problem with my 1-click. It just started Monday. It is so weird, I have been one clicking since Spet and this has never happened before. ???

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Linda Cannon-Mott said:
chynared I am having the same problem with my 1-click. It just started Monday. It is so weird, I have been one clicking since Spet and this has never happened before. ???
Wow, good to know it's not only me....bad on the other hand too :-\ This hasn't happened to me before either and I keep going into my settings to see if I can figure it out...nothing.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Linda Cannon-Mott said:
Maybe it's trying to save you from yourself? ;D

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
Have either of you called the Credit card co. to see if there's some kind of hold on the card?  Like, they want all these little charges confirmed?  I think I would do that first...

Betsy

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Have either of you called the Credit card co. to see if there's some kind of hold on the card? Like, they want all these little charges confirmed? I think I would do that first...

Betsy
No, it's not going through 1-click period....it brings me to the "choose a credit card" section, then the billing address before the order will go through. I've never had any problems before this.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts