Kindle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my authors, Leslie Ann Moore, wrote a charming series called Griffin's Daughter. Although the main character is a young girl coming of age the book had a few explicit sex scenes that took it out of the YA audience. Sales of it were not as high as some of the other Ridan authors and I suspected that it might be because it "fell between the cracks". In other words, not YA'ish and yet having a progtagonist that would appeal to a YA crowd.

So.....I've made a second version of the book - without the sex and am targeting toward the YA audience. The original book won the IBPA (Independent Book Publisher Association) award for best first novel when it was released and the other books in the series are extremely well written.

To try to launch this concept I have both of the books for free at the moment if you are interested in checking them out:

Griffin's Daughter Original | Griffin's Daughter - Young Adult.

I'm curious as to what you all think of this idea?

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
I know another writer who has just taken the sex out of her book and turned it into a YA novel, I stand corrected but I think sales have improved for her.

I'll see if I can contact her to give you some feedback.

I personally think it's a good idea.  ;)

G

·
I clicked. I wonder what she's done with Japanese culture. Is the one male character with the Japanese-ish name referred to be the nickname "Ashi"? It would be pretty strange to call someone "leg," which that word means in Japanese.

·
Registered
12,245 Posts
foreverjuly said:
I clicked. I wonder what she's done with Japanese culture. Is the one male character with the Japanese-ish name referred to be the nickname "Ashi"? It would be pretty strange to call someone "leg," which that word means in Japanese.
Since the books apparently feature elves I'm prepared to give the author creative leeway on real world technicalities. ;)

I actually think these look pretty cool. And I love the cover art. Good luck with them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts