Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, I know, I said I wanted to try it at $2.99, and I did for a while. :p But this book needs a good kick in the butt, so it's going to 99 cents for a bit.

I'm really hoping it gets some sales, and it kicks into the Amazon algorithms. So far so good, I've sold some today! (After a few days of no sales, that makes me happy!)

I'll let you all know how it goes.

Vicki

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
This book was so good that I was sorry when it ended.  That doesn't happen often.  I'm sure it will find a really appreciative audience soon.  Keep us posted and I hope you are working on the second one as I can't wait to read it.  :)

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JeanneM said:
This book was so good that I was sorry when it ended. That doesn't happen often. I'm sure it will find a really appreciative audience soon. Keep us posted and I hope you are working on the second one as I can't wait to read it. :)
Thanks so much, Jeanne! I'm so glad you enjoyed the book!! I am working on the second one, along with my short that still isn't all the way done. :p

Vicki

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Asher MacDonald said:
Good luck.

Question for you: Your second book is in a completely different genre than your first book. Do you think that has hurt your sales?
Yes, I do think so. There's still a romance element in each book, but the Sci-fi backdrop might be holding people back. I hope dropping the price will help people overcome that. :D

Vicki

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Why are you copying the Victorine method? Why don't you exercise a little creativity? Create your own method?

·
Registered
897 Posts
Mel Comley said:
If you've had to reduce the price of Overtaking and you've had 100,000+ sales, what hope is there for the rest of us? :-\

Sorry to hear that Vicki, hope it works out for you. ;)
Doesn't inspire much confidence does it? If ever there was proof that it's the cheap price that matters rather than the quality of the book and reputation of the author it's this...

·
Registered
466 Posts
NickSpalding said:
Doesn't inspire much confidence does it? If ever there was proof that it's the cheap price that matters rather than the quality of the book and reputation of the author it's this...
Sadly I totally agree. :-[

·
Registered
868 Posts
Thanks for sharing, Vicki.  I definitely would have expected more of your readers to have picked up the new one by now, even at the higher price.  I'm sorry it hasn't worked out that way.  Maybe if it finally picks up steam you can try raising the price on Not What She Seems...  Either way, good luck with the new price point!

·
Registered
897 Posts
Abigail said:
Sadly I totally agree. :-[
I don't want to get back into the whole 99c/$2.99 debate again, but maybe we're seeing the effects of a multitude of authors pricing as low as possible. It's what the audience expects now... and breaking out of that expectation has become far harder. So while a lot of authors are selling a lot of copies, there's not actually that much money being made...

·
Registered
698 Posts
I do think that the fact that the book is in a radically different genre then the first one might be affecting sales. The audiences for "sweet romantic mystery" and science fiction are very different - I don't think there's generally going to be a lot of crossover there.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Sorry to hear Overtaking didn't take off right away.  Did you put a blurb for it in the back of Not What She Seems?

I took a look at the sales rank for Overtaking and observed that it hasn't got on any top one hundred lists.  I have a theory that the Amazon algorithms don't really kick in until you get in the top 20 on some top 100s.  When promoting websites on Google you find you really need to get on the first page to get significant traffic.  You also get a big boost when you get above the fold.  Anyway I am a sci-fi fan so I bought a copy. Good Luck

·
Registered
532 Posts
Vicki I have no doubt that you'll succeed. I too, agree its the genre thing. As a romance reader myself I sometimes delve into other genre's say mystery, suspense, thrillers but for the most part stick to realistic fiction. Rarely do I read Sci-fi. In fact I don't think I ever have.  :-\ So no doubt that's what's holding back your readers. Nothing to do with the story or your talents that's for sure. If anyone can overcome this it's you.  :D I look forward to seeing you on top of the charts in 2 completely different genres! Wow!    

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
MosesSiregarIII said:
Why are you copying the Victorine method? Why don't you exercise a little creativity? Create your own method?
Haha, this made me giggle:)

Good luck Victorine! I finally bought NWSS (Where have I been, right??) and I'm looking forward to reading it once school gets out for the summer. 24 hours left with students...not that I'm counting or anything...

1 - 20 of 54 Posts