Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everyone!  My name is Lisa, and I am determined to own a Kindle in the near future.

My feelings about the Kindle have gone from dislike to apathy to curiosity to interest ... to covetous desire.  I am dying to get my hands on one!  In fact, I've already picked out a name, chosen a cover, and designed several custom skins before deciding on one that's already available.

But thanks to our four daughters, I can't afford a Kindle.  So I am currently in the process of trying to sell a diamond-and-sapphire ring so that I can get the K2.  It might be the only thing I own that I could sell for a worthwhile amount of money!  Since it doesn't have sentimental value to me, it seemed like a good decision.  So I've listed it on several jewelry sites and in the buy/sell/trade/barter section here, and I'm waiting very impatiently for someone to buy it!

Once I sell it and get the K2, I'll re-introduce myself here as a Kindle OWNER!!

In the meantime, I'm reading the old fashioned way!  I love Wally Lamb, Jodi Picoult, and John Irving.  I read People magazine's book reviews every week and keep a list of books that sound interesting so I can remember to look for them at the bookstore or the library.  I'm eager to read Jodi Picoult's newest book (out today!), but I'm trying to hold off so I can get it as an ebook.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Welcome!  Hopefully you can join the happy ranks of the kindle owners soon!  Have you thought about buying a used KK?  I think they have been going for as low as $200.  Might make the purchase price a little easier to swallow.  And then you'd have more $$ to spend on books!  ;)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

Yeah, I am considering a used KK.  If the ring doesn't sell, then I'll look into that, because it IS a lot more affordable to go that route!

One way or the other, I'll be posting like a fiend soon!  LOL

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi DaisyMama - you don't have to be a kindle owner to be a member of this board, so welcome and keep us posted as to your success in getting a kindle!

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Welcome Lisa!  :) You are in for such a treat. We will provide you with support until you order your Kindle. We've had other members that didn't own Kindles initially. I see we are a bad influence on you already with the accessories.  :DI am one that had accessoires pre Kinlde also.  :)

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Hey Daisy, welcome! May I also suggest, maybe a yard sale. It is a great way to spring clean and you might be surprised
with what you can bring in.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Hi DaisyMama and welcome to KB! Best wishes to you in your pursuit of a Kindle! Don't feel like you have to sit in the shadows while waiting. Feel free to join in all are welcome!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts