Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay clever people. You helped me name one of the books in this series already, so please do your magic again! ;D

The two books in the series are:
  • Party Like It's 1899
  • My Sweet 1816

It's a YA time travel romance. Each book in the series will stand alone and will feature a different couple. (The link is that all the girls are friends.) My initial first thought was "Timeless" but that's been done. More than once.

Help!

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Hey Amanda,

Can you give us more about book 2 (Ok, maybe everyone a bit about book 1 LOL) so we can maybe see a thread?

·
Registered
5,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good point, Caitie.

They're both quite chicklitty in tone (light, conversational, snarky voice) although not chicklit per se.

In Party, an enchanted Jules Verne book sends a girl and guy (who hate each other, naturally) back in time to the Moulin Rouge era during a French class Spring Break trip.

Sweet 1816 isn't written yet, but it will be a sort of mash-up between Dickens' A Christmas Carol and a real-life ghost story here in Old Town Alexandria (Virginia).

There may eventually be a third book. Haven't decided yet. But if I do eventually write it, it will likely be Fahrenheit 1497. (Sent back in time to the actual Bonfire of the Vanities, which occured in Renaissance Italy.)

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I'm so bad at this... I think my really horrible suggestion was (not-so)subliminally brought about by the books in your sig line: Tip Toeing Through Time.

Annnnndddd someone with an actual good suggestions, chime in here.

Also, is Dickens in the book -- is there an author related something in every book? Classics?

·
Registered
5,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Caitie Quinn said:
Also, is Dickens in the book -- is there an author related something in every book? Classics?
You know, that was actually kinda random, but now that I think about it, it would be kinda awesome. (And would fit in nicely with the third book, if I do decide to write it...you know, burning of books and art.) But no, the author/classics thing wasn't intentional. Maybe subliminal on my part, but I didn't consciously think of it. I could say it was and sound all smart and everything, but that would be a total lie.

But, that might be something to think on... hmm...

·
Registered
350 Posts
Amanda Brice said:
Good point, Caitie.

They're both quite chicklitty in tone (light, conversational, snarky voice) although not chicklit per se.

In Party, an enchanted Jules Verne book sends a girl and guy (who hate each other, naturally) back in time to the Moulin Rouge era during a French class Spring Break trip.

Sweet 1816 isn't written yet, but it will be a sort of mash-up between Dickens' A Christmas Carol and a real-life ghost story here in Old Town Alexandria (Virginia).

There may eventually be a third book. Haven't decided yet. But if I do eventually write it, it will likely be Fahrenheit 1497. (Sent back in time to the actual Bonfire of the Vanities, which occured in Renaissance Italy.)
I don't have anything off the top of my head, but once they are released we should do a joint book signing in Old Town, as mine take place there AND my series is also time travel related :)

·
Registered
5,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Claudia Lefeve said:
I don't have anything off the top of my head, but once they are released we should do a joint book signing in Old Town, as mine take place there AND my series is also time travel related :)
I would love to! Yes, let's do it. :D

·
Registered
7,973 Posts
Amanda Brice said:
There may eventually be a third book. Haven't decided yet. But if I do eventually write it, it will likely be Fahrenheit 1497.
Well darn.

My suggestion for the series title was going to be

·
Registered
254 Posts
Here's some stuff off the top of my head.  Maybe one will lead to a good idea.  Most of these are subpar, but hey, it's a brainstorming session!

Love Eternal

Timeless Love

Time Heels (if it's super chic litty and there are a lot of shoe references)  :D

Always

Eternity

Love Everlasting

Infinity Isn't Long Enough

Through the Ages

From Heartbeats to Eternity

Beware of Books (because they keep sending them back in time)  :eek:

Time Mad Love

Looking Back, Feeling Forward

Making Passes in the Past

·
Registered
5,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
CEMartin2 said:
If there's a literary theme, why not "Backwords"?
OMG, I love it.

And you know, I really didn't intentionally do a literary theme, but I'm kinda loving that idea. I'll have to play with that. It's really kind of perfect.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
They all have titles that have to do with familiar classics, either songs, movies or books. Is there a way to tie that in?

How about something like, Lack of the Future? (since they all seem to go back in time, not forward and that means there's no future, and it keeps the same kind of play on familiar titles)

·
Registered
5,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
MaryMcDonald said:
They all have titles that have to do with familiar classics, either songs, movies or books. Is there a way to tie that in?

How about something like, Lack of the Future? (since they all seem to go back in time, not forward and that means there's no future, and it keeps the same kind of play on familiar titles)
This is great, too.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I'm no help with the name, but drop me a message when it's published and I'll post about it. Even though I write MG, I some YA bloggers following me because they liked Super Zombie Juice.

Good luck with the names, looks like your problem now will be choosing just one.

Amanda Brice said:
Okay clever people. You helped me name one of the books in this series already, so please do your magic again! ;D

The two books in the series are:
  • Party Like It's 1899
  • My Sweet 1816

It's a YA time travel romance. Each book in the series will stand alone and will feature a different couple. (The link is that all the girls are friends.) My initial first thought was "Timeless" but that's been done. More than once.

Help!

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
5,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Seriously guys, thank you so much for spotting the obvious thread between the books. I don't know why I didn't catch it, really. :eek:

I guess I was just too close to it, but it strikes me that I would have noticed it. I mean, the first line of every chapter in Party Like It's 1899 is even a paraphrase/rewrite of the opening lines of famous literary classics. So I already had a strong "I love books" theme in there as it was.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Your running title theme appears to play on numbers turned to dates.

If your characters visit Rome, Greece, or Egypt then maybe Y2k:B.C.

Back in Love

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
I suggest "May Change Me" or "Changes" or "Trace Time" to channel some Bowie and balance out your Prince.

However, sometimes the simplest thing is the best. You've got fairly witty and long titles. Are you going to put the series name on the books? Maybe you want it to be one word, as in "Party Like it's 1899: Book One of the Time Series." (Because, it can get really annoying trying to fit a whole bunch of words on a book cover, you know?)

Or Centuries
Or Travelers
Or Ageless

???

1 - 20 of 34 Posts