1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I have a short story collection on amazon
It's in the young adult contemporary fiction genre

I plan to feature the kindle version for free starting this weekend for five days
I have a very limited marketing budget of maybe a hundred dollars
How many places are there where I can reach the most possible eyeballs with that very limited amount of cash?
I also have Facebook and an Instagram account
And like face book are there free markets where I can post a link and get a number of possible interested readers?
THANKS!!

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Save your money.

Use it later for something with more commercial appeal, and where have some tangible plan for what that marketing is intended to accomplish.

There are a few reddit boards and facebook groups for free books you can use during your free run. All that costs is time. BKnights is super cheap if you really want to light some money on fire, but I wouldn't even recommend that.

Reactions: Anarchist

·
Registered
124 Posts
If you only have one short story collection I'd concentrate on getting more books out before dedicating too much on marketing. One release isn't going to do much for you. Other than that, there are plenty of ways to promote for free or without much money. My suggestion is to start a mailing list and do swaps (sharing your book in other authors' mailing lists and they share yours in theirs). It's a great way to advertise if you can't spend much money. Get a BookFunnel account and do group promos with other authors. You can open an account with BookFunnel for as little as $20 a year.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you only have one short story collection I'd concentrate on getting more books out before dedicating too much on marketing. One release isn't going to do much for you. Other than that, there are plenty of ways to promote for free or without much money. My suggestion is to start a mailing list and do swaps (sharing your book in other authors' mailing lists and they share yours in theirs). It's a great way to advertise if you can't spend much money. Get a BookFunnel account and do group promos with other authors. You can open an account with BookFunnel for as little as $20 a year.
Thanks !

·
Registered
142 Posts
You might also want to consider writing short articles and putting them on Medium. It's free to write things to go on there - you only have to pay if you want to read stuff. You might be able to develop a following if you can spark enough interest.

·
Registered
Writing the next books in my Martin Billings series.
680 Posts
If you give this away and readers love it, there is nothing for them to buy!! You waste marketing time and dollars.
Put it out wide, not in KU, you want to be discovered. Meantime, write more books and even more books.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts