Kindle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question: Does TSS ( text to speech) work on non kindle books? Does anyone know if it will work with .pdfs on the DX. I was reading the DX users guide and it says that TSS works on books "where allowed by rights holder". Now I had thought it was default working but they had to options to refuse the right. Which would imply that non kindle purchased books would be fine. Anyone tried it on the K2 with a non kindle book?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
TTS works fine on non kindle books.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I tried it on a book I didn't get from Amazon and TTS worked fine.  I did have the book before the K2 came out thought.  TTS also worked on something I had converted.  My guess is that it unless it is specifically disabled, TTS will work fine.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Rasputina said:
Question: Does TSS ( text to speech) work on non kindle books? Does anyone know if it will work with .pdfs on the DX. I was reading the DX users guide and it says that TSS works on books "where allowed by rights holder". Now I had thought it was default working but they had to options to refuse the right. Which would imply that non kindle purchased books would be fine. Anyone tried it on the K2 with a non kindle book?
I suspect TTS will not work on PDFs on the DX. The DX User Guide does not mention this capability. But we'll know for sure soon enough. Of course, Adobe Reader does TTS so you if you open the PDF on your computer you could do it that way.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Rasputina said:
Using TSS on my computer completely defeats the purpose of having the kindle.
Just thought it worth pointing out (that Adobe Reader has this capability). I wouldn't do it either.

Of course, you would still be able to convert PDF to Kindle format and use TTS on that, even if it doesn't support TTS on PDF directly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.