Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
For those that use it--big impact
Random House Publishers:

The Crown Publishing Group - Broadway | Crown | Crown Business | Crown Forum | Clarkson Potter | Doubleday Business | Doubleday Religion | Harmony | Potter Craft | Potter Style | Three Rivers Press | Shaye Areheart Books | Waterbrook Multnomah

Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group - Alfred A. Knopf | Anchor Books | Doubleday | Everyman's Library | Nan A. Talese |Pantheon Books | Schocken Books | Vintage

The Monacelli Press

Random House Publishing Group - Ballantine Books | Bantam Dell | Del Rey | Del Rey / Lucas Books | The Dial Press | Fawcett | Ivy Books | The Modern Library | One World | Random House Trade Group |Random House Trade Paperbacks | Reader's Circle | Spectra | Spiegel & Grau | Strivers Row Books | Villard Books | Wellspring

Random House Children's Books - [email protected] (RH Children's Books) | Golden Books

RH Information Group - Fodor's Travel | Living Language | Prima Games | Princeton Review | RH Puzzles & Games | RH Reference Publishing | Sylvan Learning

·
Registered
9,176 Posts
After Random House did the Kindle free books (all the sci-fi ones available this month) I really didn't expect them to be one of the first to jump on the remove TTS bandwagon.  Very disappointing.

·
Registered
286 Posts
That's weird because I have the Verbal Advantage by Charles Harrington Elster downloaded to my Kindle, and the TTS feature is available.  I guess they did that after the fact...I guess.  I don't know, but it's publisher is Random House. 

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
I would think that it has to have something to do with the Writer's Guild position and just being preemptive.

·
Registered
131 Posts
This Random House decision on TTS is very irritating. I just left a comment to that effect on their home page - http://www.randomhouse.com/ . There is a "Feedback" button at the top, and who knows who will see the piece of my mind that I left? But it felt good to express my disappointment in a brand I've always respected. No more.

Len Edgerly
The Kindle Chronicles podcast

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LenEdgerly said:
This Random House decision on TTS is very irritating. I just left a comment to that effect on their home page - http://www.randomhouse.com/ . There is a "Feedback" button at the top, and who knows who will see the piece of my mind that I left? But it felt good to express my disappointment in a brand I've always respected. No more.

Len Edgerly
I agree, it is irritating! I also left feedback and at this point, it may be like spitting into the wind, but I thought it certainly couldn't hurt to leave my opinion on their "stupid" decision! :mad:

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
LenEdgerly said:

Len Edgerly
I too left feedback, saying I would look to other publishers before them, for my several hundred dollars a year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts