Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ended up choosing the Tuff-Luv case over the M-edge and Noreve and it arrived today. I will write a thorough review after I use it for a few days but my initial impressions are really positive. I am pretty rough on my things and fairly clumsy. The protection of this case seems really good and the Kindle doesn't flop around in it like it did the Amazon cover. I like that most of the Kindle is covered in terms of the look, although I know many people like the floating look. It feels lightweight but the stand seems sturdy and it is very easy to hold. The pink is a pretty light pink color, someplace in-between powder and cotton candy.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Great photos -- looks like a beautifully designed and well-made case! My Kindle 2 has been nekkid since it arrived in February, and I like this case better than any I've seen so far. I just wish there were more color choices... If they made a red one, I be ordering this minute!

Here's the Amazon link for the pink case:

And here's the link for the black case:

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Oh man, I'm so disappointed. That holding system is a major bummer to me, I had liked what I'd seen of the K1 case, and was really looking forward to a similar K2 version, but I hate the "jacket" surround style.

I'm glad to see a new case possibility on the market though, and even more glad to see that the first KB'er who bought it is happy with it!!!!

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I like this case too and what great pics to showcase it!  It seems to me that the holding mechanism would offer pretty good protection in the event of a drop or something.  Looking forward to your more extensive review!

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
I ordered the Tuf-Luv when I ordered my K1 back in August. I wanted something that I could prop up at the dining room table.  At the time, they only had black.  I've since glued on an applique I bought at WalMart, just to smarten it up a little. 

I love it.  I like that it flips over the top and out of the way.  It props at just the right angle for me to read.  It holds pretty tight, too.  I feel like Little Gertie is well-protected. 

I have to say that the K2 model looks even sturdier.

·
Registered
194 Posts
i'm going to seriously consider getting this case.  i have a bad tendency to doze off while reading the kindle and i'm sure sooner or latter i'm going to drop it.  actually i'm amazed i haven't done so already.  this case provides good protection of the kindle front should it land face first in a fall.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
I really like this design.  I wish it came in more colors.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Will either the flip style or the book style fold all the way back flat for reading without the stand?  I can't find any pictures that actually show this.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
DD said:
Will either the flip style or the book style fold all the way back flat for reading without the stand? I can't find any pictures that actually show this.
The Tuf-Luv flip style does fold all the way back. The easel stand actually snaps onto the back of the cover when not in use. The snaps are magnetic, so it's easy to keep the easel out of the way and fold the cover over.

DD said:
I really like this design. I wish it came in more colors.
When I got mine, it only came in black. I don't think I would have gotten the pink anyway. Too easy to get dirty, even holding it with clean hands. I glued appliques onto mine to give it some color. I get tired of plain black everything.

Tuff-Luv Napa Leather case cover for Amazon Kindle 2 - Black (Flip style + stand)

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Gertie Kindle 'Turn to Page 390' said:
The Tuf-Luv flip style does fold all the way back. The easel stand actually snaps onto the back of the cover when not in use. The snaps are magnetic, so it's easy to keep the easel out of the way and fold the cover over.

When I got mine, it only came in black. I don't think I would have gotten the pink anyway. Too easy to get dirty, even holding it with clean hands. I glued appliques onto mine to give it some color. I get tired of plain black everything.
Actually, I'm having second (favorable) thoughts about the black. The internet 'buzz' is that black around the screen makes the screen background seem lighter. The Tuff Luv cover seems nice and sturdy and protected for places like the gym and the pool. I seem to need different covers for different purposes. I use my 'fancy' oberon when I'm going out and carrying the Kindle in my purse.

·
Registered
21,588 Posts
Interesting cover.
It does appear to provide more protection than the others.
I would worry that the leather on the front would interfere with the use of the controls.
What is the experience of those who have this case?
It does kinda totally cover any skin that you may choose to use. And it looks like you will not be taking the K2 in and out very often so no one will see your skin.
One final question.  What is the grommet on the lower right corner of the outside cover?  Is this just a design feature?  Or does it have a function.  I notice it is there on both the jacket and the easel styles.

·
Registered
194 Posts
i ordered a black flip over cover. it doesn't have nearly the elegance of my oberon case but protecting my kindle open or closed is my main concern. i decided against the book version cover mainly since the kindle top edge is always uncovered.

at this point i've spent just as much money on all sorts of accessories and modification projects for my kindle 2 than i have on the kindle 2 itself but at least some of the the cases can be used for future kindles or my original kindle.

Tuff-Luv Napa Leather case cover for Amazon Kindle 2 - Black (Flip style + stand)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have this one in pink (flip top). The snap closure will also work in reverse (when completely open and flat) to keep the cover from flapping. I also slide my hand in between the front and back covers. No need to "grip" the case

the grommet in the front has no purpose (that I've found) I think it's just for decoration. All of the buttons can be reached, no issues. There is even a hole in the top so you can use headphones for TTS with the case shut.

It is light and comfortable to hold. Kindle slides out easily. I have a black skin on mine and you only see the skin that is around keypad and buttons. Although the inside stitching can leave faint marks on the skin (which are hardly noticeable). I tend to use this one as my "home" case.

the clip on my light slides in behind the kindle when I need it. Overall I really like it. It had kind of a strong smell when I first got it, but it is gone now. Maybe from the dye?

·
Registered
298 Posts
I e-mailed i-nique to ask if they would be adding more color choices for the Tuff-Luv case. Told them I would love to buy a red one. They said no, no plans for additional colors.  :'(

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.