Kindle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since everyone uses their Kindle to tell time with mostly... :)

(It is so cute when you're reading and it writes out the time long format, though)

Harvey says be nice to newbies...If you push Alt+T; your Kindle tells the time in the bottom left of the screen. If you're on your homepage; it does it like this 6:47; if you're reading a book it does it like this; "thirteen minutes before seven"

You have to connect whispernet to reset from Daylight Savings Time.

That's my good deed for the day (glad THAT'S out of the way :D); I'm off to work.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
That is so cool...I love the clock. Time change worked perfectly. Thanks for the reminder, Scott!

L

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Yes, I checked the time before I turned the Whispernet on and then again after I connected.  It updated almost instantly!  Must be the first thing the Kindle does when connecting...

Betsy

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
It took me a minute to figure out the time this morning. Then I realized I needed to turn Whispernet on. Right away the time was changed.

Anne

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Thanks Scott!  :D
That's one clock I didn't even think about.
Sheryl

·
Registered
195 Posts
I use the clock on my Kindle all the time. I read a lot in rooms that have no clocks in them, and out in the yard as well, and I get so lost in my books that I have to check the time now and then so I don't let the whole day go by!

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
A feature I would like is a timer so that I could, say, give myself a half hour of reading.  It wouldn't have to be an audio timer, it could be a screen popup!

Betsy

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
A feature I would like is a timer so that I could, say, give myself a half hour of reading. It wouldn't have to be an audio timer, it could be a screen popup!

Betsy
There's an interesting idea...although I'd probably get annoyed. I get annoyed when I get popups on my computer telling me to update Windows or whatever. Something interrupting my reading might drive me bonkers. LOL

L

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Popups don't bother me unless they don't go away, but I can see that it might be annoying.  It could be a soft chime or just a flashing bar at the bottom or something....

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
The only good thing about this time change...it wasn't pitch black when I woke up this morning! But it was pitch black at 5 pm last night. Sigh...

L

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Am I the only one who doesn't ever use the clock on the Kindle?  I guess it's because every room in my house has a clock, or if I'm out on the screened in porch reading (my favorite spot) I don't usually care what time it is!! 

·
Registered
154 Posts
Thanks, Scott.  Great idea!

Love the timer idea, Betsy.  I'd also really like to see the time always displayed on Kindle v2, not just when you click the keys to bring it up.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
quiltlvr said:
I'm in Az, no daylight savings here except in NE AZ (Navajo nation) I think they do the DST
I believe I read that they do... It's interesting to read AZ's history on DST. Google Arizona and Daylight Savings Time, there's a page that has the whole chronology. First they had it, then they didn't. Then they had it again, then they didn't! LOL!

Betsy

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Jen said:
Am I the only one who doesn't ever use the clock on the Kindle? I guess it's because every room in my house has a clock, or if I'm out on the screened in porch reading (my favorite spot) I don't usually care what time it is!!
I use the clock because it's so cute with its little typed out time: Ten minutes past two

L

1 - 19 of 19 Posts