Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
67,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SongbirdVB said:
I didn't realize the Dresden Files were books! There was a short-lived TV series on the SciFi channel (I think) and I loved it! Bought the DVD's when they were released and waited in vain for the next season. Stupid TV stations. I'm SICK of my favorite shows just ENDING with no wrap-up of the plot lines.
Dresden Files might not be dead. SciFi Channel tends to start it's series at off times. I wouldn't be surprised to see it come back in January or February. I also love Eureka. We also enjoy both Stargate series and have been checking out Sanctuary too.

Ann

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Ann,
If you like those series, you might want to try Firefly.

For one thing, it's already been cancelled, so you won't have to worry about it vanishing into the either.  And, it's available on DVD, so you may watch them at your convenience.  It had enough of a fan base to spawn a movie after the series was cancelled.

I also recommend Wonderfalls (same reasons).

to stay in topic, if I haven't recommended the Sweet Potato Queens books, I should have.  Mostly, they're hilarious.  I didn't care for the second one all that much, and I think the fourth one was a bit weak, but overall,  raunchy fun.

~robin

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Ann Von Hagel said:
Dresden Files might not be dead. SciFi Channel tends to start it's series at off times. I wouldn't be surprised to see it come back in January or February. I also love Eureka. We also enjoy both Stargate series and have been checking out Sanctuary too.

Ann
I LOVE Eureka!! It's probably my favorite show on tv. They're on 'mid-season break' and will be back in January. Mid Season break? Really? Those first 6 episodes were so rough they needed 4 months off.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Love Eureka, glad it's coming back in Jan (there were 8 episodes, I think).

I think the original intent of this thread was BOOK series, people, LOL! Got any? Otherwise I'm going to have to move it to Not Quite Kindle....

Betsy
with one of her moderator hats on..
BAHHHAHahahahahaha! I have a picture of my daughter in that exact hat when she was about 6 yrs old. Smiling huge with her hair pulled back and no front teeth. The photo was in a box for YEARS when I ran across it and decided to frame it and display it. She came to the house one day, saw the picture and started laughing. When she could breathe she asked me "Who is that funny looking boy?" I almost fell on the floor, LITERALLY, from laughing so hard. The photo is now on my desk at work.

BOOK SERIES (to stay on topic): I love the Death on Demand series by Carolyn G Hart, the Cat Who... series by Lillian Jackson Braun, and the Joel Grey/Dulcie (cats) books by Shirley Rousseau Murphy. None of these series will tax your brain, they're just good fun!

·
Super Moderator
67,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
robin.goodfellow said:
Ann,
If you like those series, you might want to try Firefly.

~robin
Yes, we watched that too. Every now and again they have a 'marathon' of it on SciFi. I'm pretty sure I've seen all the episodes but did it ever get to an end?

I

·
0 Posts
One of my favorite TV series was Babylon 5.  It is one of the best ever epic sci fi shows that ever aired on TV.  It also has spawned many books based on the series.  If you like great sci fi, give B-5 a try.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Vampyre said:
One of my favorite TV series was Babylon 5. It is one of the best ever epic sci fi shows that ever aired on TV. It also has spawned many books based on the series. If you like great sci fi, give B-5 a try.
B5 may just be the greatest science fiction show ever made. It really was an epic-length novel carried out over five incredible seasons.

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
CS said:
B5 may just be the greatest science fiction show ever made. It really was an epic-length novel carried out over five incredible seasons.
I'm currently in the middle of the Season 4 DVDs, on my third time through. Not only did I watch the series when it first aired, but I was on GEnie for the year or so of Joe teasing us with hints of what was coming:

http://worldsofjms.com/b5/gei.htm

I still have the T-shirt.

Mike

I

·
0 Posts
CS said:
I watched as much as I could while it was on it's first run but I missed a lot. I was in the Navy then. Sci-fi ran it all back to back and I saw it all that time it was great. It was one of the first things I put in my que when I joined Netflix.

Some of the books are great because they let us know what happened to many of the characters later on. They help close up some of the loose ends.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Sherlock Holmes on BBC

B

·
0 Posts
Vampyre said:
One of my favorite TV series was Babylon 5. It is one of the best ever epic sci fi shows that ever aired on TV. It also has spawned many books based on the series. If you like great sci fi, give B-5 a try.
*checks Vamp for.... hernia.... yeah, that's the ticket*

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Anybody other than me like the Nero Wolfe TV series?  I would get them on DVD if they'd lower the price a bit...

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
SongbirdVB said:
Anybody other than me like the Nero Wolfe TV series? I would get them on DVD if they'd lower the price a bit...
Yes, I loved it. Much better than the original series. They managed to do a decent job. I was sorry they didn't continue.

ETA: The old series I mentioned starred William Conrad as Wolfe and Lee Horsely as Archie. It only lasted one season and rightly so.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Never got into the Dresden files, but as far as sci-fi goes, I agree with the folks about B5: that's simply a must-see. I have to say, though, that the Sci-Fi channel's Battlestar Galactica has been fantastic. I just wish the other stuff on that channel could be half as good! And we have poor Bruce Boxleitner, who played Commander (then President) Sheridan in B5, who appears in five hundred reruns of "Frankenfish"... ;-)

Cheers,
Mike

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I go back to Shirley Temple and have a doll and a signed plate in my living room as reminders.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts