Kindle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this looks like a giant picture book. How is that supposed to work effectively on the Kindle?

I know the Kindle can do images but it's hardly the most suitable device for viewing them.

Seems like a giant ripoff to me. Why would Amazon or the publisher even try to dupe people like this?

Twilight: The Complete Illustrated Movie Companion (Kindle Edition)

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Vegas_Asian said:
Maybe someone should note (warn others about) that in the review section...or should we just convince some naive newbie to buy it just to see if the images look half decent on the kindle.
I just thought of something - the sample feature! Oh God how I love my Kindle!!! ;D

I'll get a sample and report back later. :)

EDIT: Woo hoo! My 100th post! I'm a "full" member now. ;D

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CS said:
I just thought of something - the sample feature! Oh God how I love my Kindle!!! ;D

There's quite a bit of text - more than I expected - but there's also a picture on almost every page. Some of the pics look decent, but others look pretty washed out. The sample is too short for me to be able to judge the quality of the text accurately. Still, as expected, the Kindle probably isn't the best format for this type of book. Amazon and/or the publisher are probably expecting crazed Twilight fans to buy this thing impulsively without really thinking it through.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
I got a sample too, just to check it out for myself. Decided to try my screenshot making feature on the Kindle. here is what it looking like. I shrank most of the screenshots, but the last one shows how grainy the picture in the book can get.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Even though it doesn't seem to be the best book for Kindle format, I take it as an encouraging sign that it is available. I'd rather have too many than too few books available. And as you guys discovered, sampling is a great way to figure out what it looks like.

L

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just a thought....
I have seen many request for a different screen saver on their Kindles.... maybe there was some thought that the crazed twilight fans would be interested in if for that.....

·
Registered
829 Posts
CS said:

EDIT: Woo hoo! My 100th post! I'm a "full" member now. ;D
I love those AHA moments about the Kindle!! Congrats on your 100th post!

·
Registered
165 Posts
I just hope that this isn't the first book that a new Kindle owner downloads. What a disappoinment that would be!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Is this book in...shudders....Topaz? I seem to think it would be.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.