Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the great joys in my life is that my wife and I were blessed with twins - a completely unexpected surprise for us.

Are you a twin? Or a parent of a twin?

PS Love to hear from trips, quads, and quints too. :)

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
They are beautiful Harvey! Must take after their mother...;)

·
Registered
9,335 Posts
MAGreen said:
My Dad always said, "The kids get their good looks from me...because their Mother still has hers"! Great pic Harvey!

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MAGreen said:
Yes - good thing! I like that line from crebel - - I'll have to remember that. :)

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I have twin nieces. They are both beautiful girls in their 40s now. They are 6 ft tall, there dad is 6'9". When they were born they were 3 months premature and had to stay in the hospital for 2 1/2 months. Back then they didn't know as much about premature babies, but both were healthy. They each have 2 boys, but no twins.

On another note, my son Nathan and his wife had twins, a girl and boy, 4 years ago. They were born at 25 weeks and only lived one week. Very sad time. They now have a 2 boys age 3 years and 6 months.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Nice picture Harvey -now how about a current one - close up  :)

·
Registered
904 Posts
What a great thread! As I stated earlier I also have a set of twin girls. My twins were born when my oldest daughter was a year and a week old. It was wonderful having 3 little ones in diapers!!! One of the exciting experiences my twin daughters had was bieng in a Disney Commercial! My girls were in a 25th anniversary Disney World commercial. It was very exciting for them and they had their 15 minutes of fame. I've included a URL to the commercial below. My twins are the "older twins" (18 at the time) at the very end with Chip and Dale.
jp

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Harvey - I've got girl-boy twins who are now 20 years old; I also have an older daughter who is 22-months older than the twins. All three are in college now.

It has been an incredibly interesting time; all 3 kids are very different. I've always felt my twins were siblings who just happened to have been born at the same time.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
My bro and I are mistaken as twins. We are a year apart and ended up in the same grade...spent the first half of our school career in the same classes. Now when people ask if we are twins...we just reply with, "close enough"

·
Registered
21,587 Posts
I have four children.
My oldest boy was 2yrs 3mos old when the twin boys were born. Yeah three in diapers at one time - whoee!
My poor wife.  I was working 2 jobs, occasionally a third, so no help to her.
And we did not know we were having them until the delivery room.  Apparently hearts were really synchronized.  They are fraternal though, not identical. Most people have trouble telling them apart.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
jpmorgan49 said:
What a great thread! As I stated earlier I also have a set of twin girls. My twins were born when my oldest daughter was a year and a week old. It was wonderful having 3 little ones in diapers!!! One of the exciting experiences my twin daughters had was bieng in a Disney Commercial! My girls were in a 25th anniversary Disney World commercial. It was very exciting for them and they had their 15 minutes of fame. I've included a URL to the commercial below. My twins are the "older twins" (18 at the time) at the very end with Chip and Dale.
jp

Cute girls J.P.!

·
Registered
60 Posts
our twins are almost 20, and their younger sister is about 18 months their junior.  They will all finish high school next month

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
JP - that commercial is adorable! What a great thing for them. It will be a memory that lasts forever.

dixielogs said:
our twins are almost 20, and their younger sister is about 18 months their junior. They will all finish high school next month
Three graduating at the same time! WOW!!! I can hardly deal with one that age. Congratulations dixielogs!

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Anju No. 469 said:
Nice picture Harvey -now how about a current one - close up :)
Here's a shot from a few days ago - from our New York trip. They're usually not so serious-looking. :)

·
Registered
904 Posts
Very cute Harvey!  I'll have to dig up a picture of my twins all grown up....
jp

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
jpmorgan49 said:
jp
What a unique memory for them of Disney world! I embedded the video into your post.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts