Kindle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who out there is out on Twitter? I just joined today to try and keep up with family but I wondered who might be out there from here or if you guys think it is a waste of time.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I'm on Twitter. (See sig.) Whether or not it's a waste of time depends on how much time you spend there.  :)

·
Registered
509 Posts
I use Twitter a lot to help reach out to potential readers.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I've heard a lot about it, but haven't visited yet. KB is the first forum of any kind that I have joined and I am on it enough. LOL

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm a twitterer, but I don't really see the purpose of it.  I don't go there much.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have signed up for Twitter but I guess I just don't get it.
As for me I don't do anything interesting enought to let everyone know.
My day pretty much goes the same
Go to work
Come home from work
Do housework, chores and get supper ready
Eat supper
Ready or watch TV
Get ready for Bed
Sleep, just to get up do the same thing the next day.
Now what about that is Twitter worthy??

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I figured that if I could get my Mom using it would help her feel more connected to me since she always seems to want to know those mundane things and when we get on the phone it seems like nothing really happened. So I figured that with Twitter I could put those things out there when they happen rather than trying to remember them all to tell her later. ~shrug~

·
Registered
599 Posts
I'm on Twitter (rokklobster), and I love it!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
farmwife"723" said:
I have signed up for Twitter but I guess I just don't get it.
As for me I don't do anything interesting enought to let everyone know.
My day pretty much goes the same
Go to work
Come home from work
Do housework, chores and get supper ready
Eat supper
Ready or watch TV
Get ready for Bed
Sleep, just to get up do the same thing the next day.
Now what about that is Twitter worthy??
Thanks FarmWife. That fits me to a tee, now I don't have to write it, twitter it, facebook it, or anything else.

I don't Twitter or do any of the other social networks. It seems to take up so much time for such trivial things. I'm sure there are plenty of people who love it, it just isn't for me.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
It's a social/mini-blogging site. You "follow" people and receive their mini-blogs and people follow you and... you get the idea.

Throughout the day, or whenever the mood takes you, you type out a message and have 140 characters to do so. It can be what you had for breakfast or a random thought or an interesting link. The benefits vary -- maybe you just want to hang out with friends or family or maybe you want to gather contacts for a bigger blog or business.

Simply twitter.com.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Rhiathame (member 2790) said:
I figured that if I could get my Mom using it would help her feel more connected to me since she always seems to want to know those mundane things and when we get on the phone it seems like nothing really happened. So I figured that with Twitter I could put those things out there when they happen rather than trying to remember them all to tell her later. ~shrug~
That sounds like a good idea. My mom has a cell phone on our account and we all have unlimited txt. Maybe she would like Twitter.

Anyway, I have a Twitter account, signed up to follow someone and nothing ever happened! I guess I haven't figured it out yet. ::)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts