Kindle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My short story, Not with a Bang, recently picked up two great reviews at Jimi Ripley's blog. The first was by the blogger herself and the second by another reader commenting on the review. I won't quote the full reviews but here are some brief excerpts:

This is a fun read for those who enjoy comedy science fiction with an end-of-the world bang.

I really enjoyed this short story. It was very Douglas Adamsesque. I think Tantia is a gifted writer and I can honestly say that I would take another stab at one of his stories[...]I enjoyed Tantia's absurd imagination[...]All in all it was a delightful read with ear to ear grinning insanity of which I respond to so well.

Made my day. I'm glad people are enjoying the story, brief though it is.

The reviews are posted here: http://www.jimiripley.com/2011/06/short-story-review-not-with-bang.html

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Hang in there. It's difficult in the beginning but eventually, if your book is good, you'll start to see the rock roll on its own. It's all about word of mouth. Sometimes its worth spreading a few "free" books to get people talking. You might want to go to some reader sites and offer to give away some books as part of a promotion.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts