Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all had great holidays (I did; I got my first Kindle on Christmas Eve and have already read several books and bought too many more). I love it! If you received a new Kindle like me or are a seasoned Kindle pro, you might be interested in couple of my books that have just migrated from their print editions on Amazon to Kindle editions. They're both bargain-priced and are great reads, if I may say so myself. I am putting their links below and hope you will sample and/or buy. And if you do, know that I always DEEPLY appreciate Amazon reviews, as well as your support.

Anyway, Amazon has not yet caught up with linking print reviews and info with the book, so I am pasting some additional info after each link. My horror short story collection, Twisted: Tales of Obsession and Terror , is a great introduction to my work, with ten of my best stories. And my paranormal love story, Orientation, is an interesting mix of thriller, an unlikely romance, and commentary on the AIDS crisis, crystal meth addiction, and sexual orientation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding!, June 2, 2008
By Bethann Korsmit (Pennsylvania) - See all my reviews
Orientation is the first book that I have read that involves love, reincarnation and a murder plot.The love between Robert, the gay, aging, sugar-daddy, millionaire heir with a distaste for confrontation, and Jess, the young, artistic, twentysomething lesbian is both deep and meaningful. They fill a void in each other that no one else can. Robert and Jess knew from the moment that they met that some guiding force had pushed the two together. Could the guiding force by Keith, Robert's deceased lover who succumbed to AIDS in the early days of the disease? The timing is also very significant. Was Robert sent to save Jess, or was Jess sent to save Robert?

Christmas plays a big part in the story, with most of the action occurring on two separate Christmas holidays - 24 years apart. One Christmas holiday is very tragic and heartbreaking, another is potentially fatal, while yet another makes one believe in the magic of the holidays.

I thought this book was magnificent and very poignant. I'm not one who goes for the supernatural or who believes in reincarnation, but I was thoroughly impressed by the way in which the author made it work. Orientation is definitely a roller coaster ride of emotions from the first page to the last. If you enjoy a good love story, mixed with a fair share of angst, go ahead and buy this book. You won't be disappointed.

Horror author Rick R. Reed's first collection of short stories presents ten of his best--and scariest--tales. Nine of the ten stories have appeared previously in such acclaimed anthologies as The Crow: Shattered Lives and Broken Dreams and the one new story "Meat Mallet" introduces readers to a very gruesome chef, who is hungry for more than love. From the macabre to the surreal to the all-too-real, these stories convey both the despair and hope of the human condition, while at the same time providing sleep-with-lights-on nightmare chills. Includes the following stories: "Crime Scene," "The Man in Milwaukee," "On Line," "Epiphany," "Meat Mallet," "Morbidly Obese," "Speed Freak," "How Do I Love Thee?" "Tool of Enslavement," and "Moving Toward the Light."

·
Registered
326 Posts
That is to cool. I just got my monthly gift card and downloaded IM so i will definitely be getting these as soon as i finish that one. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Thanks Rick for the heads up. I have read both High Risk and IM and loved them. I love the fact that with your books I have a hard time putting them down and the twists and turns.

Linda

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the kind words, Linda and Lizzy. When I write, I don't want to bore myself, so I hope that translates into what people read.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts