Kindle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife has expressed interest in the kindle, and I'm a gadget freak already, so I'm think about buying one for her for her birthday. I could imagine also wanting to read the books on my iPhone (I already use eReader)--or maybe I'd want one too. We both have our own amazon accounts, but I understand that you can't send books from one to the other.

My thought is that perhaps we could register the kindle in her account and I could use the iPhone app (or a second Kindle) with her Amazon login name (or vice versa).

Would this work? Is there a simpler way?

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I would put everything on one account. You can have up to 6 Kindles or Iphones on an account. I share with my daughter and we have each put our own credit card on the account. When we want to buy a book, we go to the Manage Your Kindle page and set our own credit card to the one click. It has worked great and allowed us to share books. I buy more than she does and I travel for work. When she finishes buying a book, she just goes back the the account and puts my credit card back as the default. We also buy gift cards and apply those to the account and it will just deduct from the gift card first and then to the credit card. :)

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Actually, you nailed it. Having them both registered to the same account will allow you to share books. You can buy books from either device or a computer. There is no log in for buying books, just connect to whispernet, go to the Kindle store, pick a book and select "buy". Your book will be charged to the card you have choosen for 1-click purchaces (which you must have in place) and your book will be instantly downloaded!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts