Kindle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wrapping up a children's chapter book. I already have a lovely piece of custom art, and I'd like to some attractive typography to go with it on the cover. I want a design that is more than just legible, and something more imaginative than simply adding a drop shadow or outer glow to an existing typeface, since I could do all that myself.  Having said that, it doesn't have to be a custom designed typeface.

Does anyone have a suggestion of where I might find someone with flair in this area? An amateur enthusiast or gifted student is someone I'd be happy to consider.

BTW all the cover artists I found in searches on Kindleboards were for adult fiction, which seems a different specialization.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
What kind of book is it? Fantasy, Mystery, Sci-Fi? I haven't done any premades with fancy font effects on them, because anything fancy would have to be redone when the new title is added and that would take a long time, but I'd be happy to try to work something up for you. I haven't done many premades for kids books, either, because I haven't seen a market for them, but I did work at Chapters for six years, so I'm quite familiar with kids books in general, and am always happy to learn a new skill.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. To answer Shayne, it's ostensibly a children's romance, although as a fable some adults have also enjoyed it.

'The book designer' is a wonderful site. I just couldn't see a really appropriate place to post what I am looking for, since there is no forum. I shall check out The League of Movable Type. Thanks for the suggestions.

PMing Rue.  ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts