Kindle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
::) I just went to switch my laundry over and found that I'd washed my DVR remote along with my blankets!  I took the batteries out and am leaving the cover off so it can dry out.  I hope it's not ruined.

·
Registered
433 Posts
That'll teach you to do laundry.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Buttercup you aren't alone.  I had to take mine back to the cable company.  Luckly they did not ask what was wrong and just replaced it.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Whew, glad I'm not alone!

I hope this one will work once it's dried out, otherwise I'll have to order a new one from DirecTv and lord knows how long that will take to get here.

*** edited to add:  Amazingly enough I just put new batteries in the remote and it works like a charm!  I'm amazed.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Glad it's ok. Is your Kindle hiding in fear?

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Buttercup said:
Hehe ... leave it to me to be a pioneer!
Hope it dries out OK.

durphy said:
That'll teach you to do laundry.
LOL... good one, Durphy!

Buttercup said:
Whew, glad I'm not alone!

I hope this one will work once it's dried out, otherwise I'll have to order a new one from DirecTv and lord knows how long that will take to get here.

*** edited to add: Amazingly enough I just put new batteries in the remote and it works like a charm! I'm amazed.
I just read down further... glad to know it is working!

·
Registered
165 Posts
My nephew washed his cell phone once.  It didn't work after, so you are LUCKY!!!

I accidentally washed a pen last week.  Wouldn't you know - not a spot of ink on anything in the entire load - except my BRAND NEW jeans!  Ugh!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Great news about the remote.  ;D

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Haha, my Kindle isn't hiding in fear, she always gets put in my nightstand drawer, the remote however sleeps with me most often.  Wonder if the fact that I have a front loading machine had anything to do with the remotes survival?  It wouldn't have been sitting in a tub full of water which has to have been a good thing.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
colleen said:
My nephew washed his cell phone once. It didn't work after, so you are LUCKY!!!

I accidentally washed a pen last week. Wouldn't you know - not a spot of ink on anything in the entire load - except my BRAND NEW jeans! Ugh!
We tend to wash Chapstick.....fyi...not washer/dryer friendly and everything ends up blotched :p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts