Kindle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone in the UK who's opted to have their Amazon.com royalties paid by direct bank transfer had their first remittance advice and/or direct payment yet? I'm wondering if the bank transfer payments don't go into effect until the first payment month after we change the option... and I might therefore still get a couple more cheques before bank transfer kicks in ie. for Dec 12, Jan 13 etc?

I got my Dec 12 Amazon.co.uk payment advice really early, on the 20th Feb, with a payment date of 28th Feb, but nothing re. Amazon.com yet.

Apologies if there's info about this somewhere that I've missed.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I got a remittance advice email yesterday and they said to allow up to 5 working days for it to appear in your account, so I'm guessing it should get there next Monday or Tuesday?

Haven't had any money from amazon yet :)

·
Registered
209 Posts
I've had two remittance advices (for December) and the payments arrived today in the account. Bye bye cheques! Although I quite enjoyed getting the envelope and opening it - it felt a little like a pay packet.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
portiadacosta said:
Has anyone in the UK who's opted to have their Amazon.com royalties paid by direct bank transfer had their first remittance advice and/or direct payment yet? I'm wondering if the bank transfer payments don't go into effect until the first payment month after we change the option... and I might therefore still get a couple more cheques before bank transfer kicks in ie. for Dec 12, Jan 13 etc?

I got my Dec 12 Amazon.co.uk payment advice really early, on the 20th Feb, with a payment date of 28th Feb, but nothing re. Amazon.com yet.

Apologies if there's info about this somewhere that I've missed.
From what I gather, we get cheques until April for US payments. But I did find the UK remittance notice odd, as usually it is sent on the day of payment and is followed by money hitting a bank account a couple of days later. This time I received the remittance advice a week ago, but the payment date was set for 8 days after the notice - so still no money?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Daphne said:
From what I gather, we get cheques until April for US payments. But I did find the UK remittance notice odd, as usually it is sent on the day of payment and is followed by money hitting a bank account a couple of days later. This time I received the remittance advice a week ago, but the payment date was set for 8 days after the notice - so still no money?
Yes, thanks, I've since discovered this to be the case, via the KDP boards. Never thought to look there... always come here first. So, a couple more cheques to bank and then we get the convenience of transfers! :)

I too thought the UK remittance advice coming earlier was a bit peculiar. Must check my bank account this morning, to make sure the money's gone in, as today should be the payment day.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Oopse. Just received money to Payoneer which I wasn't expecting - advice blanks the bank sent to so I just assumed. Never assume. So... where are we? I made the change to UK account but received to old Payoneer... do I change back and hen back again for April or what?

Well, I asked for clarification, so I'll probably get some of that in due course.

No UK payment yet but plenty of notice. It's due today but not there yet.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just found out about this today and changed. Hopefully it won't be too long coming. Cheques are a pain, especially when they're in dollars (given I live in the UK).

It'll be so much more convenient if the money just moves without me having to walk into town and fill out a form.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
portiadacosta said:
Has anyone in the UK who's opted to have their Amazon.com royalties paid by direct bank transfer had their first remittance advice and/or direct payment yet?
Update: Just received my first remittance email for .com royalties (in GBP) - either one month later or one month earlier than I expected, depending on which way you look at it. ???
Still, no complaints, I'm glad not to have to wait for a cheque to arrive by post anymore.

·
Registered
103 Posts
My remittance advice came through today as well, and I have since switched straight back to cheque payment.

Why?

Because Amazon are taking a HUGE cut of your money by messing with the exchange rate when you go EFT. Around 15% infact

They paid (this month) at an exchange rate of 1.84

The exchange rate on the invoice date was 1.61

The current exchange rate (which is the one they are paying to convert) is 1.51.

A few UK based authors have noticed this and have put payment straight back to cheque

1 - 10 of 10 Posts