Kindle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,548 Posts
At least they said your cover was attractive, so they did leave you a nugget of marketing advice - that's a good point. And you made them feel something, even if it was negative.

Your book looks strong and has many favourable reviews, so I'd put this behind me if I were you. Maybe tick it as "not helpful" if you want.

· Registered
1,548 Posts
Beatrice Brusic said:
It's an expression we use in Spanish which means "I feel gypped." I said that when I saw "the lion king" which everybody loved and I hated. I used it because it cost me a lot of money and it just wasn't worth it. Your book must have cost a fraction of that so it was very spiteful on his part. I hate to tell you this but he hated your book, he didn't mean you're a fraud or that you scammed him, he simply hated the book and felt it wasn't worth his time. Let it go and don't dwell on it, you're not going to please everyone. You do the best job you can do but reading is very subjective and one's man's poison is another's delight, remember that. So chin up and grow another layer of skin as the other writer so aptly put it.
Except "gypped" is considered by many to be a racist turn of phrase, so it might be better to watch that one. "Ripped off," as meromana noted, is a bit less controversial. ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.