Kindle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great!  I just got my K2 yesterday and I'm already getting an "Unexpected Error" message when I try to open any of my books.  It says to go to the Amazon site "Manage your Kindle" but I don't see anything on that page that will help.  Anyone have this problem before and have some advice on how to fix it?  Thanks!  (obviously I'm searching Amazon for help but thought I would ask here too)

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
New books you have downloaded for K2 or books previously bought for K1?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is my first Kindle -- so it's new books that were fine on K2 until a few minutes ago.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Maybe try customer service? Try charging? Try turning it off and leaving it for a few minutes and then try again?

Just random thoughts. I have K1 so don't know much about K2.

Hope you get it working soon - please let us know!

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
did you try a reset?  Maybe that would help

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay, I tried a factory reset and that seems to have corrected the problem.  I only had a few books on it so I downloaded them again and so far I'm not getting the error anymore.  Thanks everyone!!!!  It's faster to get an answer here than from Amazon. 

I wonder if there is something wrong with my Kindle that I'm going to have an ongoing problem with this.  I hope not!

B

·
0 Posts
kari said:
Yes, great link! I need to make a note of that one although I hope I don't need it again!
I suggested to Leslie that she sticky the post or re-post it in a sticky thread, but she hasn't responded. I think it's pretty helpful.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just want to say thank goodness for Kindleboard and all of you helpful people.  I emailed Amazon CS yesterday at the same time I asked for help on here.  You guys helped me to fix my problem in less than 20 minutes and I still haven't heard from Amazon.  I'm making a sticky note to keep with my Kindle which will have the Amazon CS number as well as the instructions for reset that you sent in the link Jim - very helpful!

Thanks again everyone!! 

1 - 14 of 14 Posts