Kindle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I have just discovered an unfortunate side effect of using the Kindle.  I am so used to the screen refresh (the split-second that you see the screen go dark before it shows the new page) that I was clicking on manybooks.net, and when I clicked on the letter to get to an author list, I didn't realize that the page had already changed because I didn't see the refresh.  So I just sat staring at it, waiting for it to go to the page, but it was already there. 

I feel stupid.  LOL

·
Registered
339 Posts
I kinda like the little "flash" when the page turns.  I feel like it is an indicator that the material has moved forward.  I would probably end up staring at the screen too without the refresh! ;)

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
mwvickers said:
Okay, so I have just discovered an unfortunate side effect of using the Kindle. I am so used to the screen refresh (the split-second that you see the screen go dark before it shows the new page) that I was clicking on manybooks.net, and when I clicked on the letter to get to an author list, I didn't realize that the page had already changed because I didn't see the refresh. So I just sat staring at it, waiting for it to go to the page, but it was already there.

I feel stupid. LOL
So that's why I keep staring at computer screens. Please don't feel stupid. If you feel stupid, I'll feel stupid, and you wouldn't want me to feel stupid, would you. ;)

·
Registered
326 Posts
I did that on my kindle the other day. I must have blinked or looked away during the flash and i just sat there for a minute wondering why it wouldnt change. Kept thinking it must be a topaz formatted book. Really dumb!  :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts