Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
"inevitably for a woman, she is not a complete master of a house, so that comes over in her writing too."

This is distressing. I live alone with my dog. I guess she gets to start paying the bills and going to work.

·
Registered
982 Posts
I guess we have to tell Rowling that she's not a good author anymore, and that we were just misguided. Then we can tell the same to Stephenie Meyer, Anne Rice, and every other accomplished female writer.

Or we could change the channel since that sexist @#$%^& is so stupid that it's not even funny.

·
Registered
91 Posts
"...because women are not master of the house"

Clearly, this Burger King has has seen more then one "order of protection" in his lifetime and now he wants to lash out at the entire gender  ::)

Sob's like this don't deserve the attention they obviously desperately crave.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
"...because women are not master of the house"

Any Les Miserables fans?

·
Registered
982 Posts
Okay, I entered every chapter of my WIP into the genie and came up with 10 females and 9 males.

It's a pretty bad test for chapters because you have keywords for the genders like "her" and "said". As we all know, "said" is commonly used in dialogue.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
*snigger* Wow, an almost-octogenarian who thinks women are inferior. How new and refreshing, and completely newsworthy.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Ryne Billings said:
Okay, I entered every chapter of my WIP into the genie and came up with 10 females and 9 males.

It's a pretty bad test for chapters because you have keywords for the genders like "her" and "said". As we all know, "said" is commonly used in dialogue.
LOL! You were suppose to replace "her" with "that womin" and "said" with "Harkened" or "BELLOWED WITH THE VOICE OF THE GODS!". ;D That's mansly mans talk!! Each word should strike the fear of DEATH...even if your writing a cookbook or something ;D

Speaking of cook, back to the kitchen with me... I do know my place ::)

·
Registered
982 Posts
Charliegirl said:
LOL! You were suppose to replace "her" with "that womin" and "said" with "Harkened" or "BELLOWED WITH THE VOICE OF THE GODS!". ;D That's mansly mans talk!! Each word should strike the fear of DEATH...even if your writing a cookbook or something ;D

Speaking of cook, back to the kitchen with me... I do know my place ::)
I should have just typed the word "around" five hundred times. That's the biggest point scoring keyword on the male side. ;D

·
Registered
482 Posts
*the cat* is the ruler of our house (female!)

Ryne: "*slams-forehead-in-keyboard*" total guffaw!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sure the quote is so relevant! Terrific, I needed comedic relief and it was provided. Love it!

G

·
BAHAHAHA!!!  According to the Gender Genie, my novel was written by a woman.

Considering how novel writing was originally considered the domain of women, I take that as a high compliment. ;)

·
Registered
982 Posts
Joe Vasicek said:
BAHAHAHA!!! According to the Gender Genie, my novel was written by a woman.

Considering how novel writing was originally considered the domain of women, I take that as a high compliment. ;)
My browser crashed every time I tried to do my entire novel, so I had to put it in chapter by chapter.

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
I wonder what Linda Ronstadt has to say on the matter...

Maybe this was that jerk's inspiration... ???

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
My publisher friend blogged about this. It sounds like Pulitzer prize winners think they are superior to everyone, especially females. :D

And here I was thinking that we're all just people: some are smart; some are like this guy, dumb.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Charliegirl said:
Each word should strike the fear of DEATH...even if your writing a cookbook or something ;D
The Conan Cookbook: Blueberry Scones

- Set aflame your oven, until it is the mouth of hell and the shrieks of the damned can be heard from within.
- Beat sugar, margarine and unborn chickens, until thews strain mightily and the mixture resembles battlefield viscera.
- Let berries fall from your hand.
- Sear within the iron depths for 10-20 minutes, or until golden brown.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts