Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious, how many unread books do you have on your Kindle?  I think I have about 10.  I just keep adding to my library!!  My husband thinks it is ridiculous that I have that many unread books and just keep buying them...oh well, what can I say?  I'm hopelessly addicted and can't help myself!!

·
Registered
11,848 Posts

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
150, if we are not counting samples I've yet to try.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow! I thought 10 was alot!! LOL!

·
Registered
700 Posts
I'm picky and don't like clutter (even electronic clutter  ;)).  So I won't download a book, even a free one, unless I feel sure it'll be interesting and something I really want to spend my time on.  Which means at any given time I've usually only got four or five books waiting to be read.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have about 33.  But many of those are free or bargain priced books and many of those were only at that price for a limited time.  The others were books from the series of another book I had read.  If I like a book from a series I then go a get the others before I forget :D.

·
Registered
545 Posts
LADennis said:
Just curious, how many unread books do you have on your Kindle? I think I have about 10. I just keep adding to my library!! My husband thinks it is ridiculous that I have that many unread books and just keep buying them...oh well, what can I say? I'm hopelessly addicted and can't help myself!!
Umm, about 50 at the moment. <Grins sheepishly> I have about 80 books, of which I have read approximately 30.

EllenR

·
Registered
3,391 Posts

·
Super Moderator
67,323 Posts
All of them.  :)

I have 27 1/2 pages, of which about 6 pages are samples so I guess that doesn't count.    All the rest are books or magazine issues I have not read.  Well, one I am currently reading.  Once I finish a book, I delete it so it can live at Amazon.

Actually, I guess I should correct that. . . .I do have a bunch of 'classics' that I've read before that I downloaded to re-read.  Probably 10 or so. . . .  And I have a copy of the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence.

Anyway, there are a lot. . . . :D

Ann

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
As an addendum, about 50 of those books I have read in the past, but want to read again on the Kindle.

·
Super Moderator
67,323 Posts
Thumper said:
Wow...I feel so normal now. I only have 12-14 that I haven't read yet.
Well, . . . .no. . . .I think we're demonstrating that ONLY 12-14 unread is NOT normal! ;D

Ann

·
Registered
191 Posts
About 200, till summer hits I don't hit my reading stride. 

But by the end of summer I'll be trying to find cheap and free books to purchase.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Normal is such a subjective term, don't you think? There are people who consider me normal, a small minority who do not know me well, admitedly, but still. ;)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Gee, I have tons of unread books on my Kindle.  I guess I come from the school of thought that says "You can never have too many books", and "You can never have too fast a computer", and "You can never have too much memory in your computer"  (the same applies to disc space). 

I guess I have around 100-150 unread books.  Mostly bargain books and freebies -- around 10% are paid for at full price, and I try to shop around -- sometimes the same book can be listed at different prices - especially public domain stuff.  I have very few books that I paid 9.99 or more.

I like to read more than 1 book at a time.  My wife says I have the attention span of a knat.  So I am currently reading a western and 3 mystery/thrillers, plus the current issue of Analog.  I fit right in with the "Samples" idea that Amazon has implemented.. I have about as many samples as I have books, and I love to switch back and forth reading them too.  I have only finished 1 sample so far - which I then bought to continue reading - "Black Widow", I like the Sanibel Island series.  So far, I haven't finished any of the books - but I will, it'll just take some time.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts