Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about this a lot lately since I saw Anne mention she might not do the next two books after The Girl With the Cat Tattoo. I was really looking forward to those reads as I loved GWTCT (which now I'm reading as Gone With the ... uh, Cat Tattoo).

I know that book hasn't been talked up a lot here, but it really is cute.

And, don't get me wrong, I've loved a lot of the books we talk/hear about a lot here. But, I thought it would be nice to maybe give a shout out to some of the quieter books on the forum... maybe those books don't belong to the quieter people, maybe they do. But, what KB book have you really enjoyed you haven't heard a lot about?

fine print: for the love of stars, please don't say your own.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, I should have done this right if I was going to kick it off:

GWTCT is funny and clever. I honestly was surprised how much I like it because... I'm not a cat person. I'm the opposite of whatever a cat person is.

Don't tell T.L.

But, the little twists and turns and the cute story and outcome made my night. It's a fun, fast read with an adorable couple to root for.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I love this idea, Caitie!

I have quite a few I could mention, but I'll start with Brian Spangler's An Order of Coffee and Tears.  I'll have to go back to my notes on it to be able to talk about specific details, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. When it's not so late and I can type more (hands aren't cooperating tonight), I'll come back and explain why this book made an impression on me.

And hands down, I think it has one of the best titles ever!

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Folks,

did you know we have a Book Corner? Where we discuss, you know, books?
;D

The Writers' Café is for discussing the craft and business of books.... I'm going to be moving this to the Book Corner as it already has the proviso that you can't talk about your own books.

C'mon, get out, explore!

Betsy

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I really loved Promising Light by Emily Ann Ward.

(by the way, Betsy, I've um... never been in the Book Corner before, and.... okay now I'm going back to the cafe.)

*runs away fast*

·
Registered
405 Posts
I'm going to mention a genre and a book. I find people often seem put off by the category 'literary fiction' on Amazon, which is a pity, because I think literary fiction novels can be page-turners. So the book I'll mention is Sarah Waters' Affinity It's the only book I've ever read that stopped me sleeping two nights in a row because I couldn't stop until I had finished the whole thing.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
T.K. Richardson said:
I really loved Promising Light by Emily Ann Ward.

(by the way, Betsy, I've um... never been in the Book Corner before, and.... okay now I'm going back to the cafe.)

*runs away fast*
LOL! This the place for book lovers! Don't y'all like books????

Betsy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts