Kindle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So last weekend I made some updates to my website. Some important, some not-so-much. For humor's sake, under the FAQ's I noted my dog Chewy as "Head of Security" and posted a picture of him. (Looking very vicious and fierce ... not!).

So I'm checking my messages this morning and Chewy got fan mail! :eek: :eek:

I actually got two separate emails from people asking about him. So this got me to thinking, maybe I should use Chewy in marketing. I could do display ads with his picture that say things like "Buy my mom's books or I will bite you." or maybe the more believable "Buy my mom's books and I will let you pet me."

·
Registered
231 Posts
My dog's name is 'Hal'; it's short for Halitosis.  So, maybe something like:  Buy Mom's books or I swear I'll lick your whole face!

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
I think that's an awesome idea.  Do you have a print edition of your book?  Maybe you could have your dog posing with it in different locations.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lisa Scott said:
I think that's an awesome idea. Do you have a print edition of your book? Maybe you could have your dog posing with it in different locations.
Chewy has two "poses." Goofy and confused. :D

·
Registered
816 Posts
The first version of my website had a section where I got people to send in pictures of their dogs 'reading' my books.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have a Chewie!  I have a picture of him as my avatar on my personal fb.

I checked out some of the things you do on your site.  Maybe you could use a head shot and make a seal.  Then have something like- "Chewy seal of approval."  Or "Endorsed by Chewy."  At the very least it's cute.  :D

·
Registered
134 Posts
Bards and Sages (Julie) said:
Chewy has two "poses." Goofy and confused. :D
So time to start a second publication.

Bards and Sages, in Association with Chewy presents: Goofy and Confused! Put him on the cover. It'll sell like hotcakes.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Chewy doesn't beg.  He waits until you aren't paying attention and then helps himself.  :D

And in case you haven't figured it out, yes, Chewy is short for Chewbacca.  Mike keeps saying he wants to get a smaller dog and name it Han.  But I don't think the house could handle two dogs.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I think you're onto something, Julie! And Chewy is super cute. My cat wouldn't work as Head of Security, considering any loud noise sends him scurrying under the bed. Ah, well.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Chewy is adorable!  :D  I agree that he should be your VP of Marketing.  Maybe he can have his own newsletter or something? 

The sky's the limit! (or at least however high Chewy can jump)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Weirdest fan mail:

I've got one soooooo weird I think it deserves its own thread.
On my Eye of the Idol book, I wrote a true account of how a very ingenious, though ill fated 'entrepreneur' stole the blue diamonds used to represent Sita's eyes. This is a true story, and one of these diamonds is now on display in the Smithsonian.

Anyway, it was just the prologue, but one guy from india who continues to harass me to this day has insisted that I've been inspired by Sita to find her eyes, and that he's taking on the personal quest. See, he's danced to Sita, and she's told him she wants her eyes back.
This would be all and good, except that he hasn't even bought the book he says was inspired by his godess and that has motivated him to devote his life to.
I swear I'm not making this up. I have the emails to prove it. ::)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
datinman said:
See, he's danced to Sita,
Sita? She's on tour with Lady Gaga now, right?

The only emails I get from India are something about winning their $10,000,000 lottery. As soon as I get the money together to claim the prize, I'll let you know.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts