Kindle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondered if anyone else has had this problem. Basically, I've created a doc file with a ToC before the main text, but after I convert it to a mobi file, I find that there is another at the end.

The intended ToC links to three 'Acts', whereas the unwanted one (which is also recognised as the main one on Kindle) also links to a load of bookmarks which I don't intend the reader to see.

The book is a kind of Choose-Your-Adventure game, so hundreds of bookmarks are essential, but I'm baffled as to why these all appear at the end of the book. Any ideas what I can do about this?

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Dominic OReilly said:
Just wondered if anyone else has had this problem. Basically, I've created a doc file with a ToC before the main text, but after I convert it to a mobi file, I find that there is another at the end.
It's an issue in the manifest. There's something you need to undeclare, and I can't remember off the top of my head what it is.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
What are you using to convert? If it appears at the end, my guess would be calibre? If it is, under convert/mobi output there should be a checkbox to not create a new TOC. Whatever you're using to convert should have something similar.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Mathew Reuther said:
It's an issue in the manifest. There's something you need to undeclare, and I can't remember off the top of my head what it is.
I think I solved it by adding this to my epub (I convert epub to mobi)

(in the guide section)
<reference href="Text/Contents.xhtml" title="Table Of Contents" type="toc"/>

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. Katie, I've been using Online-Convert to change html files into mobi, but I'll download Calibre now and see if that helps. Matthew, does that command work in html, also? I'm not used to working with epubs. 

1 - 6 of 6 Posts