Kindle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update: Ran one more book promo at the end of the month with OHMB.  The total downloads of the free book between last month and this month was over 2000.  I have seen some small signs of life in other sales platforms-- Nook, iTunes--but the bulk of the free downloads was on Amazon.  So far, the needle hasn't moved at all on the other books, though.  That is to say I'm still selling copies of the other four books in the Immortal Chronicles, but not at anything like a healthy clip, and not any better than before the giveaways. 

It may be soon still.  The first spike in free downloads was March 22 and the big one was March 25, both less than two weeks ago.  But I don't know: this is my first permafree effort, I don't know what to expect.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Permafree seems to work best when you end with a cliffhanger or at least plenty of open questions. Is this the first in a series?

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
The first month I went permafree I only had about 2% conversion. It takes people a while to read your books ... I know after my last Bookbub people contacted me 6 months afterwards to say they'd just read part I of my series, and then they'd torn through all the others really quickly.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
C. Gockel said:
The first month I went permafree I only had about 2% conversion. It takes people a while to read your books ... I know after my last Bookbub people contacted me 6 months afterwards to say they'd just read part I of my series, and then they'd torn through all the others really quickly.
that's encouraging! thank you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts