Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No...actually, the only reason I thought to look was that I had set My Kindle next to me on the table and it was in "sleep" mode...a few minutes later I glanced over and it was sitting on my Home Page and no one had touched it.  Prior to this, I had Whyspernet on and was looking some things up in the Kindle Store and was on CNN.   My last update happened kind of the same way, so I went into my settings to see...and sure enough!  I'll post if I notice anything...I'm cooking dinner and helping kids with homework so it might be later in the night before I get to explore it much.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Just out of curiosity, did you have the screensaver hack on yours when you updated, and did it cause any issues if you did?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, I never did put the screensaver hack on my K2, which probably explains why I'm one of the first to get the update because usually, I seem to be one of the last to get them.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Kindgirl said:
Folders and darker text *swoon* ::)
Ah, that would be a perfect Kindle world!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Update  Kindle 2.0.3(327610024) is being released in batches...

·
Registered
460 Posts
I'm glad to see this coming down the pipe as well, but it would be really great if it actually came with release notes.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I linked to a description of how to get it manually, with a reminder to uninstall personalized screensavers and font-replacements before the Kindle is updated, latest personalization to be uninstalled first.

My entry is at http://kindleworld.blogspot.com/2009/04/kindle-2-firmware-update-203-coming-in.html
and I mention it because I hope also that some will enjoy the little graphic I chose for it ;-)

- Andrys

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Hrm... I removed the screensaver .04 hack and it left the two files in the root directory of my Kindle along with the file I used to remove it.  The hacks seems to have been disabled, so is it safe to just delete those three files?

To be a bit more specific, these three files are called framework.mario.conf.new, framework.mario.conf.orig, and framework.mario.conf.uninstall.  I just realized that since I didn't have hidden files showing until -after- installing the hack, that maybe these are supposed to be there?  Can anyone confirm that? ><  Thanks!

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
So before getting the updates do you have to remove the screensaver hack? If so how do I remove it? Has anyone gotten the new updates without removing the screensaver hack?

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
There should be a file included in your .zip that you used to install the hack called an uninstall file.  This one should uninstall it in the same manner as you installed it and should be covered in the .txt files as well.  If you don't have the .zip anymore go to the settings of your Kindle and see what version you have and redownload it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
:mad:
Before people get excited, there are absolutely no differences at the microscopic level between fonts under 2.0.2 and 2.0.3. Sorry!

It would be nice to get release notes like those provided with every other software update in the world....

1 - 20 of 134 Posts