Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who may not have seen it, here was the original cover mockup I posted for feedback:

And here's the final cover:

and in thumbnail:

I've gotta say I LOVE it! Thanks to Amanda at RazzDazz, it turned out brilliantly.

And thanks to everyone who gave their input. :)

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mmmm... yes, I was of the same thought.  Darkness plays an important role.  Perhaps the blue is too light and cheerful?

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Saffina Desforges said:
Would it have more impact if the city backdrop was night-time?
Actually the pic she used is of Portland at night, so I think you're right about making the sky a night sky. Much more fitting with the theme.
Mel Comley said:
Well I love it. Well done, I'd be very happy with that if it was my cover, Shea.
;)
Thanks Mel!

Lexi Revellian said:
I think her hair looks a bit mad - could you get it calmed down a bit? And perhaps the background is too busy for the tiny size it will display at in the listings...

Lexi

Edited to add, I really like the way the lettering is done.
Thanks for the feedback Lexi. I won't change the hair as it fits the character perfectly, but I think you may be right about the background... lol

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LeonardDHilleyII said:
I agree that it needs more darkness. Shadowy works better.
Thanks for the feedback. That does seem to be the general consensus and I totally agree. Have asked the artist to darken it, so we'll see what she comes back with.

Thanks everyone! :)

·
Registered
380 Posts
I really like the background with all the twisty lines, but it doesn't seem to say "darkness."  Can you keep that distorted look and just make it darker?  Also, what about moving the sub-title down to the bottom edge? That might help make the background less busy.

Patricia

·
Registered
513 Posts
Ha! I thought I recognized that skyline!  ;) (I'm just across the river in The Couve.)

Just wanted to pop and say I love the hair.  It's dramatic and fun.  Can't wait to see the new, darker cover!  I loved it already...

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
I agree with those who would like the background darker -- but I also think that you may need to brighten the figure if you do that. (Actually, I think she's too dark now, anyway.)  It may not work -- but try to boost the gamma on her, and play with a darker background.

Camille

·
Registered
450 Posts
Mel Comley said:
Well I love it. Well done, I'd be very happy with that if it was my cover, Shea.
;)
Funnily enough when I saw it I thought, "Hmm looks like one of Mel Comley's covers."

I think the blue is too light. "Kissed by Darkness" feels like it should have a nighttime cover, but a late arvo/dusk feel.

It's certainly promising though.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts