Kindle Forum banner

How many v.1 users would actually buy v.2?

• I would not buy v.2

Votes: 36 28.8%
  • I can't wait to buy v.2

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • It depends on new features

Votes: 87 69.6%
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am happy with version 1.

I would like a software update or a firmware fix. But I can't see me spending $$ for v.2; when all I use v.1 for is reading. I never go on the web or any of the experimental stuff (never used now now which is gone gone). I do use and love Whispernet. The only changes I would like are folders and other auto page turn options to slow the 9 seconds down OTHER than increasing the font size which can (I believe) be corrected in v.1.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is true:  Say there are no trade-ins allowed and the $ remains at $359.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I want to wait and see what feature are going to be on the K v.2.
Right now it seems to me that amazon is keep a tight lid on what the new kindle is going to look like and when it will be it be sold.

I am happy with the kindle I have right now, but I would like a better way to org. my home page (folder, tags, better show and hide options etc.).

To me it a wait and see game right now.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I plan on using my current Kindle as long as it is still functional.  When it breaks, I'm sure I'll get a new one - most likely the latest consumer version available.  I'm not planning to upgrade just to have the newest one.  It would take some pretty fancy new features to get me to do that.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jah:  In reading other posts.  Most believe that folders can be a fix to v.1.  Hopefully that won't be too long if the powers that be over at Amazon are listening to the masses.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I plan on using my current Kindle as long as it is still functional. When it breaks, I'm sure I'll get a new one - most likely the latest consumer version available. I'm not planning to upgrade just to have the newest one. It would take some pretty fancy new features to get me to do that.
Ditto

·
Registered
326 Posts
I voted that i wouldnt buy V2 cause this one does all i need it to do and for that kind of money it wouldnt be worth it to me to upgrade for a few minor features.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
I'm still waiting on V1! but, if V2 were to have some great improvements, I'd give V1 to my wife and take V2. She doesn't much care for electronics, won't use a MP3 player, uses the computer for email, recipes, solitaire and Boggle only. She'd be happy with it for reading.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
If version 2 is bigger than V1 (like the pictures seem to show - if they are real), I won't buy it. I like the current paperback size. Even an inch or two longer would make it harder to handle.

Steve

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
I use my kindle V1 for reading - I cannot imagine anything that would make me want to purchase another version, unless I had someone who would buy this one for the same price and I would not be out any pesos. 

·
Registered
12,250 Posts
The only thing I am worried about is that if something goes wrong with my current model down the road and I need a replacement, "if" that is the new model, it won't fit in my covers. Other than that, I like it the way it is just fine. Give me folders, or at least put the samples in a seperate folder automatically, and I am happy.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If version 2 is bigger than V1 (like the pictures seem to show - if they are real), I won't buy it. I like the current paperback size. Even an inch or two longer would make it harder to handle.
I agree: I wouldn't want the size to alter at all.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
It would really depend on the features. And I would try to sell give up for adopton my current Kindle (sorry Isabella) on ebay.

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
I am also still waiting for my v.1 Kindle-to-be to arrive. My DH and I discussed this before he had me purchase the Kindle at the end of November for my Christmas present. (It was not a surprise as he knows I have very strong preferences, especially when it comes to electronics. Also it meant that I could buy books in advance, etc.) We both felt that the features of the v.1 Kindle outweighed the current competition and that we would both be happy with it. If v.2 has "must have" features, then we will become a two Kindle family, DH with v.1  ;), earlier than later as we plan to share the Kindle as long as possible.

·
Registered
364 Posts
sjc said:
jah: In reading other posts. Most believe that folders can be a fix to v.1. Hopefully that won't be too long if the powers that be over at Amazon are listening to the masses.
I hope so, we shall see what happens

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Annalog:

If it is any consolation; the K will be worth the wait. I went to an 80th today; a cousin of mine was there and I showed her my Kindle (her mother told me she's been dying to see it to compare it to her Sony). She is now returning her Sony and putting herself on the waiting list for Kindle if she doesn't ebay it instead. She said the whispernet is so worth the switch. She hates having to do everything via computer and USB.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
stevene9 said:

Steve
They are supposed to come out with two versions: 1. regular K2 2. textbook K2 (supposedly larger as it is targeted towards students and must accommodate graphs and so forth)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts