Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to release the first book in my 2nd psych thriller series next week. The first one was a continuing saga, and unfortunately the only way I could tie them together on AMazon was by checking "series" even though they are not stand alone novels. I made sure to explain they weren't in the description (although some people STILL don't get it and review accordingly. I was prepared to accept that, as the story warranted continuation over several books to tell it in-depth). However, this time I want people to know each book DOES stand alone.

Therefore, the wording in the opening tagline and the first paragraph are going to be on all the books in this series. Also, the very last line will be used each time. It's also part of my series branding and somewhat my author branding to do this.

I'm not particularly asking for critique on this blurb. I rewrote the blurb to my first thriller series in a nonconformist way and sales drastically increased. Even so, the blurb would have been picked apart here with the "you need to keep it smaller, why did you do that" type of comments. Bottom line: it works.

All I'm asking is this: Does this blurb spark your interest in the series and the book (if, of course, you are a person interested in thrillers. If you're not, I doubt any blurb will make you read the genre. :) )?

Here we go: (Again, the part up to Book 1 is a generic heading for each in the series, as is the last line.)
Sometimes a person gets pushed too far.

The Avengement Series: Psychological suspense thrillers where retribution is the only goal. (Note: Although there is an object tying these books together, each gritty drama is a stand-alone novel with a complete story arc.)

Book One: Stiletto

Never underestimate the value of a kick-ass pair of heels. Sexy shoes can make a woman feel beautiful. They can also bring a man to his knees--or worse.

Once John Mickelson slithers out from any blame for the devastation he's caused with his Ponzi scheme, Jasmine Albertson finds herself barely left breathing. He's taken everything: her husband, her money, her home, and her child. She can barely see through the haze of pain and hate. However, one thing is very clear: John Mickelson is going to pay, and she's going to be the one collecting.

Karma really can be a b*tch--especially when it scores a willing partner.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bumping with the updates. This is how I work best for these things, sorry.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Wow! I really like that. I know you weren't wanting critiques, but I would kill the second sentence. It really weakens the strong opening line. Just my two cents. Take it for what it's worth. Other than that, I think you've got it. Love it.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mbroadway said:
Wow! I really like that. I know you weren't wanting critiques, but I would kill the second sentence. It really weakens the strong opening line. Just my two cents. Take it for what it's worth. Other than that, I think you've got it. Love it.
DO you mean the 2nd sentence in the opening tag: Those who did the pushing....? If so,k I like your idea. I'm ditching it. (If you meant something else, I don't know what it would be)

·
Registered
12,722 Posts
Yes you piqued my interest.  But don't take my word for it since you know what I read... Lol.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cinisajoy said:
Yes you piqued my interest. But don't take my word for it since you know what I read... Lol.
Yeah. EVERY genre! (Almost)

For what it's worht, tweaked again.

The Avengement Series: Sometimes a person gets pushed too far.

Book One: Stiletto

Never underestimate the value of a kick-ass pair of heels. Sexy shoes can make a woman feel beautiful. They can also bring a man to his knees--or worse.

Once John Mickelson slithers out from any blame for the devastation he's caused with his Ponzi scheme, Jasmine Albertson finds herself barely left breathing. He's taken everything: her husband, her money, her home, and her child. She can barely see through the haze of pain and hate. However, one thing is very clear: John Mickelson is going to pay, and she's going to be the one doing the collecting.
(Note: Although there is an object tying these novels together, each gritty drama is a stand-alone psychological suspense thriller with a complete story arc.)

Karma really can be a b*tch--especially when it scores a willing partner.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts