Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to all of you who use our Link Maker tool to create clickable links for your text and images of books and accessories.

The mods have been working with me on improvements to the Link Maker tool, and we've just finished testing an updated version. I just released it a few minutes ago.

New with this version:
- A 'Clear All' button is now available that clears all fields.
- The enterable fields now default to being 'blank'.
- Error messages are now displayed if required fields have not been entered.
- The text link code (to copy/paste into your post) is now only displayed if you've entered link text. Likewise, the image link code is now only displayed if you've entered an image URL.

Each of those changes ought to make the Link Maker easier to use, and easier for our new members to get used to.

To see Link Maker, use the link in our top menu - or just click here: http://www.kboards.com/link

·
Registered
1,179 Posts

It must be EZ I did it on the first try. Thanks a bunch.

BTW the book is a freebie.

B

·
0 Posts
Wasn't it already easy?  Clunky (not your fault that we have to c+p stuff back and forth between windows) but pretty easy?

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was, but it should be more obvious now what it's doing. The fact that the generated code fields are now blank until you press 'Create' makes it a little friendlier to use.

B

·
0 Posts
Harvey said:
It was, but it should be more obvious now what it's doing. The fact that the generated code fields are now blank until you press 'Create' makes it a little friendlier to use.
AHA! Gotcha! Otherwise, they sit there with old code.

*thumb up*

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wait until Version 3... it'll make life even easier. (No more image look-ups... given an ASIN, it will pull the image automatically from Amazon's database!)

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
WOW    can you really do that?

I usually cheat and get my ASIN from the middle of the image link.

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dori said:
WOW can you really do that?

I usually cheat and get my ASIN from the middle of the image link.
Hey, I use that trick, too! Or, more often, I pull the ASIN from the URL in the address bar. I like that I can double-click that part of the URL to pick up the ASIN.

B

·
0 Posts
Harvey said:
Wait until Version 3... it'll make life even easier. (No more image look-ups... given an ASIN, it will pull the image automatically from Amazon's database!)
THAT will be a godsend!

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, the only down-side is, the images that I can retrieve for Kindle Books from Amazon's database are of the standard book cover - not the 'Kindle' version of the cover that shows the little Kindle in the lower right corner.

But even so, that may be tolerable. People will still be able to manually use that image URL if they want to.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts