Kindle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought and downloaded a short story to Mom's Kindle.  Then I made changes as an author of that book.  On the author page, it says that it's live (updated), but on Mom's Kindle, it's still the old version of the file.

I tried deleting the file on the Kindle and sending it again from the Amazon account page, but I still get the old version.

I deleted and resent the sample from the book's page and THAT has the updated version, but I didn't want to have to try re-buying the book... that's next if you folks don't have a suggestion soon.

I want this short story to come up perfectly on the Kindle before I tell anyone about it, but it's just not cooperating.

Trish

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
It sounds like they have the previous version in a stored location and when you are downloading it is pulling from there. I would call CS and they may have refund your money and then you will be able to buy the new version.

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Trish,

We've had updates to some of our other member-author books, and mostly the people who had bought the book pre-update were never able to get the new version.  I don't know why not....  the only way to get the new version is through a refund and repurchase.

Betsy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts