Kindle Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I uploaded a newer version of my book to Amazon. I got an email confirming it's in and everything says live, but when I delete the version off my device, and re-download to my Kindle, nothing has changed. Is there something else I should be doing?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wilsonharp said:
It is probably just working it's way through the system.
That makes sense. It say it could take up to 12 hours, but since it's been over that since I uploaded it, and I got a message saying it was done, I assumed it was ready. I guess this is not an uncommon issue?

·
Registered
545 Posts
I'm not sure. I would check again tomorrow morning and if it's not fixed by then, send a message to the KDP team.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
If you changed something in the beginning of you book that will show up in the "look inside" feature, you can check that to determine when the new upload has happened.

In any case, you do have to delete the old book off "Manage Your Kindle" and buy it again.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Janet Michelson said:
If you changed something in the beginning of you book that will show up in the "look inside" feature, you can check that to determine when the new upload has happened.

In any case, you do have to delete the old book off "Manage Your Kindle" and buy it again.
That's a great suggestions Janet, thanks! :)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
micki said:
Ed I've just bought your book. Can only assume the latest version has been updated.
First, thank you for giving it a chance. I hope you like it.

Is the first paragraph of each chapter indented? That's the main formatting issue I was having.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
lorelei said:
You have to go into manage my kindle and delete it there. Then you can buy a new updated version.
Yes, this is one way to do it, but it isn't necessary. Eventually, users will get a notification that an update is available. Sometimes there is an email, otherwise, go to Manage Your Kindle and use the drop down menu on the first page (View: All items is the default) to see if any updates are available (you may have to scroll down); or if, as in your case, you're interested in a specific book, go to that book in Manage Your Kindle and check the Actions drop down menu on the right to see if the update is there for that book.

Betsy

·
Registered
5,509 Posts
EdShull said:
Thanks, I feel better now.
That's good. :)

You can also see whether the changes have taken effect by clicking on the "Look Inside" preview on your book's Amazon product page. The downloadable Kindle version will show the changes first, followed by the Look Inside (usually several hours later). If you make changes to the book cover, the product photo can take a day to update. At least that's been my experience.

The "update availability" emails only go out to previous purchasers if the author specifically notifies Amazon (via email) that significant changes were made to the book. It's then up to Amazon whether to make the new version available, and it can take a month before they send out the email.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts