Kindle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done my first directe upload to PubIt.  Well, maybe I did it.  Everything seemed to go fine and I saw the notice that processing could take 24 to 72 hours.  It has now been just over 60 hours and I'm getting antsy.  Should I be nervous?  Do I have a problem or does it really take 72 hours?

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jerri Lincoln said:
Usually it only takes a couple days, but I had one take three months . . . for no particular reason.
That's scary!

·
Registered
176 Posts
They are all over the place. I've had some that take 72 hours, but this week I uploaded 5 titles and they were all ready in between 12 and 18 hours.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So, if the dashboard still says "processing" after the full 72 hours pass, what should I do?

·
Registered
841 Posts
Sapphire said:
So, if the dashboard still says "processing" after the full 72 hours pass, what should I do?
Not much you can do, unfortunately. I once had the final installment of my serial take 4 days to publish on PubIt, which was irritating because the vast majority of my readers use the Nook. I couldn't do anything but twiddle my thumbs and send out faster-publishing juju to the universe.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
I'd say if it takes longer than five days, start from scratch and reupload as if it's a new book. You can unpublish the dud when (if) it goes live.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts